Movie Bad Boys for Life

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
77% is a D+? In what ass backwards school :rofl:

View attachment 48766

Me and FirstWorldProblems N20GT had no D policy. God damn did that put me behind a little bit. Nothing like freshman courses SR year
giphy.gif

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
that makes sense though.

I'm all for it, love these movies. But, I have my doubts about a bad boys 4 before they are close to retirement age, lol.

Stallone and Arnold are still making movies why can’t the bad boys make a few more sequels. They still look good. Saw it last night at a GDX theatre it entertained till the end.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hey, its your boy Mook with another quick review. Saw BBFL tonight. Overall, it was satisfactory but I don't know if I was go so far to call it great or even very good. It was adequate. Don't get me wrong, there were good parts but I'm still deciding whether I would tell someone to see this in the theater.

Getting right to it, I came into this thinking Lawrence would be the weak link in this movie but I was WAY wrong - Lawrence was the star. He had great one liners, great delivery and I felt like he wanted to be in this movie. Smith, on the other hand just didn't sell me on the character anymore. Maybe it was the writing but his "jokes" were meh and the delivery on most of his scenes just kind of felt flat. He didnt drag the movie down or anything but he also didnt feel like the same character that we saw in 1 & 2. Maybe that is because of his age or maybe its the gap between movies. Not sure. The rest of the cast was fine, nothing memorable really. But everyone gave a good enough performance that never slowed the movie down.

The biggest problem I had with this flick, is that it felt more like a Fast and Furious movie, rather than a Bad Boys movie...ESPECIALLY the end sequence and end scene (the before credits after the movie ended scene - felt ripped straight out of one of the newer FF movies.) It was fucking stupid and basically spit in the face the
captain's death

It also bugged me a bit (now that I'm thinking on it) that they had to keep repeating the phrase "bad boys"...it seemed strange that we were sitting in a movie titled Bad Boys and Smith had to repeat it a handful of times...yes, we get it.

I know this sounds like I hated the movie, but I didnt. I just don't sugar coat my reviews anymore, maybe I should lol.

This definitely sets up a BB4 and again, it feel like a FF sequel in the making....fresh characters joining old...a villain that is
likely to joint he good guys
...I dunno. I just didnt like how it ended.

Question for you guys, as I havent seen it in awhile - was BB2 as bloody as this? This movie felt way more gritty for the sake of having blood splash all over the place. Seemed a bit over the top, even for a BB flick.

ANYWAY, in closing, the movie was fine but overall forgettable.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Hey, its your boy Mook with another quick review. Saw BBFL tonight. Overall, it was satisfactory but I don't know if I was go so far to call it great or even very good. It was adequate. Don't get me wrong, there were good parts but I'm still deciding whether I would tell someone to see this in the theater.

Getting right to it, I came into this thinking Lawrence would be the weak link in this movie but I was WAY wrong - Lawrence was the star. He had great one liners, great delivery and I felt like he wanted to be in this movie. Smith, on the other hand just didn't sell me on the character anymore. Maybe it was the writing but his "jokes" were meh and the delivery on most of his scenes just kind of felt flat. He didnt drag the movie down or anything but he also didnt feel like the same character that we saw in 1 & 2. Maybe that is because of his age or maybe its the gap between movies. Not sure. The rest of the cast was fine, nothing memorable really. But everyone gave a good enough performance that never slowed the movie down.

The biggest problem I had with this flick, is that it felt more like a Fast and Furious movie, rather than a Bad Boys movie...ESPECIALLY the end sequence and end scene (the before credits after the movie ended scene - felt ripped straight out of one of the newer FF movies.) It was fucking stupid and basically spit in the face the
captain's death

It also bugged me a bit (now that I'm thinking on it) that they had to keep repeating the phrase "bad boys"...it seemed strange that we were sitting in a movie titled Bad Boys and Smith had to repeat it a handful of times...yes, we get it.

I know this sounds like I hated the movie, but I didnt. I just don't sugar coat my reviews anymore, maybe I should lol.

This definitely sets up a BB4 and again, it feel like a FF sequel in the making....fresh characters joining old...a villain that is
likely to joint he good guys
...I dunno. I just didnt like how it ended.

Question for you guys, as I havent seen it in awhile - was BB2 as bloody as this? This movie felt way more gritty for the sake of having blood splash all over the place. Seemed a bit over the top, even for a BB flick.

ANYWAY, in closing, the movie was fine but overall forgettable.

You know, i didn't even think of this. Now that you mention it, it did have that kind of vibe to it. Regardless, i was entertained and i did laugh more at Lawrence's jokes than smith's. Also, the scene after the basketball game made me go, "WTF, no!"

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think the ending was just to show they weren't assholes for locking up his kid and that IF they ever wanted to make another they had a way to lean into it. However I don't think they will make another
1. His "kid" was a fucking murderer and a drug lord AND he murdered
the captain
. The fact that they're treating him as some misunderstood teenager is ridiculous.

2. Bad Boys 4 is (allegedly) already in the works.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
1. His "kid" was a fucking murderer and a drug lord AND he murdered
the captain
. The fact that they're treating him as some misunderstood teenager is ridiculous.

2. Bad Boys 4 is (allegedly) already in the works.
I had a feeling someone would respond quickly.
I share your point but all the critics are big pussies and wouldn't want to taint Smith's name. Just my .02.
But I agree, I would of left him rotting in a cell and ended the movie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info