Back on TCG - Premium Chevy and VW content

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Just thought I'd make a re-introduction type of thread since the last time I was really "active" on here was about 5 years ago. My vehicles have changed a lot since my user name (Fiesta ST and Trans AM GTA, lol). Long time browser, not as frequent of a poster.

In the last week I went to the Luke's meet as well as the new Cars & Coffee. Being at these made me realize its time to update my stuff on this site and start being active again.

Sooo as far as the current vehicles go:

2011 Corvette Grand Sport that I just picked up a few weeks ago. A buddy and I flew out to Nebraska and drove it back. I've wanted a C6 in this color since before I ever even owned my first C5Z.
Car is your basic cammed LS car with intake and full exhaust and a few other mods. My favorite and the best thing about it is the relatively rare Inferno Orange color.

IMG_20200730_201813-02.jpg

IMG_20200718_190710.jpg

Daily Driver - 2016 VW GTI Autobahn
I wanted an S3 for quite some time, but just couldn't justify the price premium at the time over the MK7 GTI for one. After driving both, I preferred the driving dynamics of the GTI. This car has probably been my favorite daily driver that I've ever owned. It is the perfect balance of practical and fun to drive, decent on MPG, looking decent, and quick enough. When the time comes to replace this car, I honestly have no idea what I'd get. This car is also optioned with all the driver assistance tech like adaptive cruise control which is an absolute killer feature to have on long road trips.

Basic mods Neuspeed wheels and OEM LED tail lights. Car also has a downpipe and tune which really woke the car up.
IMG_20200608_183541~2.jpg

IMG_20200608_184022.jpg

2 Wheel Fun - 2009 Yamaha FZ1

I've owned quite a few motorcycles and earlier this year I recently picked up this bike. I enjoy it so much that it is now the only motorcycle I have. What made me purchase this particular bike is the quality of parts the previous owner put on it. Literally anything I could ever think of modifying on this bike has already been done with high quality parts. Way too much for me to sit here and list. Bike is powerful and comfortable.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200607162350031_COVER.jpg

That's it for now. Can't wait to start making my way back out to events!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

FIST TAGTA

Regular
Apr 15, 2015
Pingree Grove
Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

1. What cam is in the vette? Because it sounds fantastic.
2. Fuck ya. More VW owners on here. Be sure to check out our VAG meet coming up - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/th...unday-8-16-11am-understated-detailing.173479/
3. You literally cover all the bases on the site :rofl: Fast car, daily and fast bike.

1. Its a custom ground Comp Cam as part of a kit from RPM, previous owner did this as well as supporting head mods like LS7 lifters, new head gaskets, ETC. I know, that chop-chop is sooo good. lol
2. Already saw the VW meet on FB and marked myself as going. I'll be there!
3. No such thing as enough though; the vehicle ADD is so real. haha

Reactions: Yaj Yak and Mook

Thread Info