• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

axle wont seat properly 98 GP

hey guys,
Been a long time since I have been on here, some of the old ILGPC guys might remember me. Regardless, still have my Prix (15 years now) and my passenger axle took a shit on me, or at least that's what I thought. Under load it drove pretty smooth, as soon as I let off, it shook like a son of a bitch. Threw a new axle in and it's doesn't seem to go all the way into the differential. When I put it all back together, still have a wobble to that side, and when I got it back in the garage realized the axle was way too tight so I think the wobble is cause it's binding. Basically, does anyone have any thoughts. I can't get it any farther into the diff. Don't know if I lost a carrier bearing or what, so looking for help before I start tearing the thing apart and find out whats wrong the hard way. Thanks

they are the same axles I got 8 years ago from NAPA. The trans is from an N/A GT, but I swapped the HD diff when I installed the trans. I don't think I put a different axle in when I did this. Are the axles different lengths? I thought the SC axle was just "beefier" The axle does feel like it is in all the way but there is a gap of about a 1/2" between where the axle gets bigger and the differential

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info