Aviation Picture Thread

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So as some may know from the creeper thread, I was in Bloomington (IL) for my sons' cross-country meet today. Since we're in Bloomington, I figure it my civic duty to stop by the airport and take pics of the F-14D sitting there. Some may know I love me's some F-14's

F-14D 1.jpg

F-14D 2.jpg

F-14D 3.jpg

F-14D 4.jpg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
The F-16XL. This popped up on my radar again because of the F-36 Kingsnake renderings, which heavily reference the F-16XL.

Used to have a model of this plane. I spent HOURS painting and weathering it as a kid. More than any other model I ever built.

View attachment 102795

never had a chance to meet him but there was a welding instructor at Elgin Community College that flew this plane.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I never knew they had a military aircraft museum there. I will have to check it out someday. Anybody been to the USAF military museum in Dayton Ohio? I was there a long time ago and spent all day snapping pictures of airplanes.

So as some may know from the creeper thread, I was in Bloomington (IL) for my sons' cross-country meet today. Since we're in Bloomington, I figure it my civic duty to stop by the airport and take pics of the F-14D sitting there. Some may know I love me's some F-14's

View attachment 102713

View attachment 102714

View attachment 102715

View attachment 102716

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I never knew they had a military aircraft museum there. I will have to check it out someday. Anybody been to the USAF military museum in Dayton Ohio? I was there a long time ago and spent all day snapping pictures of airplanes.
I was there, Wright-Patterson about 25 years ago with my dad. Have to dig deep to find the old film photos.

It’s been a goal to go back there with my dad and re-live it.

Reactions: rowekmr

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
It (Wright Patterson) had the most military planes inside that I can recall ever seeing. I also want to go back to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, the last time I was there I was just a kid with my parents.

I was there, Wright-Patterson about 25 years ago with my dad. Have to dig deep to find the old film photos.

It’s been a goal to go back there with my dad and re-live it.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Who remembers the F-104 that used to hang from the ceiling of the Museum of Science and Industry? It wasn't far from the upper floor and I thought I could see everything was basically intact as a kid. I recently went and see it is gone but the older prop planes are still there.
I'd like to see one again.

Back in 2014 or so I took a work trip to Logan, UT and got to stop at the Hill Aerospace Museum. It was a rushed trip, but really nice.

Then in 2019 I took a drive out to Colorado to visit an old friend who retired there. We stopped at the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum. Got a LOT of photos there but didn't have my best gear with me. However did get some nice photos of the SR-71 hanging in the entrance, and the U-2 Dragonlady hanging from the ceiling. They should be in a thread on here, somewhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info