Aviation Picture Thread

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
It never gets old reading and watching videos on the Lockheed A-12 and SR-71. Especially pilot videos. Those are the best. Listening to the pilots talk about flying such an aircraft. They are extremely intelligent and highly disciplined.

IMG_5417.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I know this isn't an "aircraft" per-se, but it is an aircraft carrier. :D And since we don't have a dedicated section for military stuff, I'm gonna put this here...

The USS Nimitz (CVN-68), the lead ship of the class, just clocked a nearly year long deployment, logging nearly 100,000 miles in the process.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Christ those planes are ancient... surprised they still fly.

Putin has been dumping piles of cash into modernizing their bomber fleet.
I believe that the Backfires were the last of the TU22's built so their upgrade isn't a huge surprise if it keeps them operational.
The B52's that we have been digging out of boneyards are only a few years older than these.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
He’s a long way from his carrier!

There are no Navy markings on it. No STRKFITRON, no carrier designation, etc...

I wonder if it's an air test/evaluator/demonstrator unit that showed up. In the hanger in front of it was a private party with disco ball, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: SHARKBITEATTACK

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So it was here for a fundraising event (TuskeegeeNext Foundation), raising money for underprivileged children wanting aviation careers. I guess it would've been nice to know as my Son wants to be a pilot (he's already taking flying lessons), as I'm sure he'd have loved to go to this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info