WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
1689634011006.png

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I did, we have 500+ pics and mybshitty cell phone video I need to get uploaded. My SD card in my HD video camera decided to shit the bed once we were up there, so I had to resort to my phone.

Got some F/A-18, F-22 and F-35 stuff.
I didn’t go, but have been watching the coverage, and feel like it’s unusually low-key that four people died in two separate flight accidents on-or-near the grounds. Was that generally known/acknowledged at the event?

• Yikes
Reactions: torquelover

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So I did see the ambulance, but really didn't give it a thought. Just figured someone passed out or something else. It wasn't hot, but very sunny (my nose and ears, even with sunscreen got torched). It wasn't until later that my son, who was up on one of those observation platforms watching and taking pics, mentioned this.

I think he then found the story online. But yea, very mum...

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

I hope that embed works. 519 pics...

So these are our pics from Oshkosh last weekend. We were there Saturday and Sunday. My Son took 99% of the pics from one of the observation stands. They were taken with a Nikon D3200, and I think he said he was using the 200mm lens. The air show both days was pretty much the same, but you can see he got the dusk show on Saturday evening, then the day show on Sunday. He got a lot of the F/A-18 Super Hornet (especially the Legacy formation on Sunday with the F4U Corsair's), and I personally think quite a few good shots on the Saturday dusk show with the F-22, belly shot, bomb bay doors open and the sunset perfectly lighting up that belly. Unfortunately, as Imgur uploaded them, it took them out of sequence somewhat, so I do apologize.

Reactions: BS ISF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

I hope that embed works. 519 pics...

So these are our pics from Oshkosh last weekend. We were there Saturday and Sunday. My Son took 99% of the pics from one of the observation stands. They were taken with a Nikon D3200, and I think he said he was using the 200mm lens. The air show both days was pretty much the same, but you can see he got the dusk show on Saturday evening, then the day show on Sunday. He got a lot of the F/A-18 Super Hornet (especially the Legacy formation on Sunday with the F4U Corsair's), and I personally think quite a few good shots on the Saturday dusk show with the F-22, belly shot, bomb bay doors open and the sunset perfectly lighting up that belly. Unfortunately, as Imgur uploaded them, it took them out of sequence somewhat, so I do apologize.

#26/500 :ROFLMAO:

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, not sure WTH was going on yesterday (Sunday), I was outside, about to mow, and I hear the roar of a jet, a HELL of a lot louder than one of the landing airliners in to O'Hare that go over our house. It sorta sounded like an F/A-18. Sure as shit, I look up and it was. Anyone know what was going on? The Chicago Air and Water show was my first thought, but that is next weekend. He wasn't zooming past like he was trying to get somewhere, almost like he was "loitering" over us, going slowly and turning back east.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
So, not sure WTH was going on yesterday (Sunday), I was outside, about to mow, and I hear the roar of a jet, a HELL of a lot louder than one of the landing airliners in to O'Hare that go over our house. It sorta sounded like an F/A-18. Sure as shit, I look up and it was. Anyone know what was going on? The Chicago Air and Water show was my first thought, but that is next weekend. He wasn't zooming past like he was trying to get somewhere, almost like he was "loitering" over us, going slowly and turning back east.
The Navy had one parked at Dupage airport for the past couple days for show. Im sure he just took off and was heading back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info