Movie Avatar 2: The Way of Water

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
As much as people knock it, Avatar was one of the best theater experiences i've ever had in my life, the only other better movies ive ever seen in a theater are Mad Max and Edge of Tomorrow.
Its basically a showcase for every theater technology buzzword, and its got a good enough story to fill the time when you aren't being amazed by the audio/visual. I only ever saw it in IMAX 3D at the theaters. And if #2 is offered in IMAX 3D that's how I'll see it.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
First one was lame if you were over 12, this one doesn't look any better.
I was mid 30s when I saw it in theaters in 3D, It was the best 3D movie experience I have ever seen. I really enjoyed it.

One of the 12yr old twins loves this movie. She's probably watched it 50 times. It's her favorite movie.

We'll be going to see the new one in IMAX (if it's released in IMAX)

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Tonight is the night for IMAX 3D of OG Avatar. I'm excited to see how the kiddo enjoys the experience. I think 3D is the way to go for the first movie.
Its not an extended edition by any means, but there are 1 or 2 extra small scenes that aren't in the original's release.

Its not the full extended edition you could get on a Panasonic special 3D edition, which annoys the shit out of me that you couldn't buy it when it was new, had to buy a Panasonic 3D TV at the time.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Out of all of that, this is the most impressive bit.

Kate Winslet held her breath for 7 minutes during one scene. Jeebus.

I know that's not the longest record for a free dive, or even a saturated free dive, but that's a LONG ass time, especially since she actually had to act during that 7 minutes. The real records are held by people who basically meditate under water, the record is almost 25 minutes.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info