Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

"When the much-anticipated James Cameron sci-fi epic is released on December 16, it will need to make more than $2 billion at the global box office, just to break even. That’s according to Cameron himself, who told GQ for a story published this week that the movie is “very f–king” expensive and possibly represented “the worst business case in movie history.”

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"When the much-anticipated James Cameron sci-fi epic is released on December 16, it will need to make more than $2 billion at the global box office, just to break even. That’s according to Cameron himself, who told GQ for a story published this week that the movie is “very f–king” expensive and possibly represented “the worst business case in movie history.”
So… Fishtar?

Thought that was Water World ?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
how was it?

We're going in a few hours, me, both the twins, nephew and his GF. IMAX 3D baby!
Was staying quiet since I saw it so early.

No spoilers. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, its a LONG movie. Seriously, avoid the large soda. 3hr 12m!

I will say, I am disappointed in the music. Obviously, James Horner could not return to compose the music, being that he's 6ft under. But part of the first movies atmosphere was how well the music enhanced the emotion in scenes, its pacing was perfectly matched to the action on screen. But the sequel just doesn't have that level of polish when it comes to music.

Visually, its easily the most impressive thing I've seen to date on a screen.

There is a portion later on the film, where something just doesn't plain make sense at all, but it does get explained later, even so, it still feels like a scene was cut from earlier in the film that would have explained it.

I would rate the first as a better film. I suppose I have to wait 2yrs now to see if part 3 fulfills on the plot lines from part 2.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Was staying quiet since I saw it so early.

No spoilers. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, its a LONG movie. Seriously, avoid the large soda. 3hr 12m!

I will say, I am disappointed in the music. Obviously, James Horner could not return to compose the music, being that he's 6ft under. But part of the first movies atmosphere was how well the music enhanced the emotion in scenes, its pacing was perfectly matched to the action on screen. But the sequel just doesn't have that level of polish when it comes to music.

Visually, its easily the most impressive thing I've seen to date on a screen.

There is a portion later on the film, where something just doesn't plain make sense at all, but it does get explained later, even so, it still feels like a scene was cut from earlier in the film that would have explained it.

I would rate the first as a better film. I suppose I have to wait 2yrs now to see if part 3 fulfills on the plot lines from part 2.
We all liked it. Kids loved it, both are saying it’s the best movie they’ve ever seen.

Theater was PACKED. There was a family that was split it, 1 person in the row ahead of us and 2 in the row behind us. Parents with a smaller kid, around 3-4 years old. Mom was in front of us, dad and kid behind us. It only took about 10-15 mins for the kid to start screaming for mama.

This lasted about a good 45 seconds before they did something about it. What they did was get up and stand in the aisle/hallway off to the side. Kid kept screaming off and on during the entire 3 hour movie . Or that kid was on a cell phone watching or playing games pretty loudly.

I loved seeing it in the big IMAX 3D screen, but I’m not glad I saw it in a packed theater with crying kids. For 3 fucking hours.

• Wow
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
We all liked it. Kids loved it, both are saying it’s the best movie they’ve ever seen.

Theater was PACKED. There was a family that was split it, 1 person in the row ahead of us and 2 in the row behind us. Parents with a smaller kid, around 3-4 years old. Mom was in front of us, dad and kid behind us. It only took about 10-15 mins for the kid to start screaming for mama.

This lasted about a good 45 seconds before they did something about it. What they did was get up and stand in the aisle/hallway off to the side. Kid kept screaming off and on during the entire 3 hour movie . Or that kid was on a cell phone watching or playing games pretty loudly.

I loved seeing it in the big IMAX 3D screen, but I’m not glad I saw it in a packed theater with crying kids. For 3 fucking hours.
That's actually why I went so early. To avoid a packed theater.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
34D18499-65E2-4377-8CAF-2E52E07B287E.jpeg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I watched this in two parts, wednesday and thursday. My kid got seriously in to the last battle scene and so did I, that giant whale is awesome.

The visual effects of this movie are absolutely unbelievable and james cameron is a wizard. That being said if the entire purpose of the movie was to set the stage for avatar 3....did it really have to be over 3 hours long?

Oh and the underwater choking was weird, that fight scene probably could have been done better.

Reactions: blue-sun
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info