3800 Autotap only for "mechanics"

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, between knowing what to look for when tuning, and the price of the unit, compared to how often you'll actually use it; it may be better to just have some scans done at a mod day or something. I do a lot of playing with the car, and I hardly use it but every couple of weeks. If you were going to fork out the dough to get one, you might as well get a tuning package from DHP or HPtuners that scans, and lets you make changes. In the long haul it's a better investment if you plan on going farther with the car.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
it will take some research on what everything means, and what is considered acceptable, and what is considered safe. Having a scan tool would be great if you plan on a lot of tuning, but otherwise the money is better spent else where like ron said. If you plan on tuning and scanning you should just fork up the cash for the dhp or hp tuner software. It scans faster than an atap (better resolution on all parameters. instead of seeing what is happening every 50 rpms for instance, you can see every 30. those numbers arent real, just an example), and you can change parameters on your own. Honestly though, i wouldnt get into tuning your own car until you understand what you are doing. You could do some very expensive damage if you arent careful

BC

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Aug 25 2004, 09:58 PM
for everyday people, I would say an atap is overkill. If you are racing/tuning mods for performance, an atap or tuner package (DHP) is indespensible.
If you just want to pull codes and reset them then you are bettor off going to autozone and buying one of the low cost code pullers.
I agree. It is a user friendly divice but it takes a little automotive knowlegde to interpret. There are a few people in the club that can probably help you out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info