Automotive related fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a local guy selling automotive related fiction is all. Can’t be spam since:
1. I am a legitimate member of this site;
2. I posted my full and real name;
3. I am a car guy like the rest with a 66 GT 350H and an 89 Saleen;
4. A spammer would not take the time to respond to your allegation.

Richard Elsliger

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Just a local guy selling automotive related fiction is all. Can’t be spam since:
1. I am a legitimate member of this site;
2. I posted my full and real name;
3. I am a car guy like the rest with a 66 GT 350H and an 89 Saleen;
4. A spammer would not take the time to respond to your allegation.

Richard Elsliger

You're just going to get shit from people because you are not what I'd call a 'regular' poster. You barely have over 10 posts in four years, and now you're trying to sell something on the site. Some people don't take too kindly to that, welcome to teh Internetz!

Doesn't even phase me. I received an e mail (unsolicited I might add) from TCG yesterday asking for me to come on line. And I quote: "Hello, attorney2!
We've noticed that you've not been active on The Chicago Garage for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?"

This site initiated the whole thing so here I am. I will also add that no one would be complaining if I happened to be selling my Shelby for a $1,000.00 and it happened to be my first post. Everyone would be all over that and not utter a word of complaint about being a so-called "troll" or having too few posts. So no, everyone is an opportunist when it suits their own needs. Plausible deniability by anyone on this site or the opposing counsel I deal with will not cut it with me. Greetings to all. I am here to stay this time.
Richard E.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
They may question even the car being the first post, you gotta understand anyone can sign up and post things. I can go find photos of cars now and vin numbers and show all info and it be fraud. Got some fancy words in that post their

Sure hope you wouldnt sell a shellby for 1,000 dollars

Hey dude, there is something called the Shelby American World Registry. Crack it open. You will find my name as owner of car 6S843. Since I had the stones to not hide my full name on this site or any other for that matter, you will have no trouble finding me as the owner in said Registry.
What is so remarkable about owning a 66 Shelby?
Richard E.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Doesn't even phase me. I received an e mail (unsolicited I might add) from TCG yesterday asking for me to come on line. And I quote: "Hello, attorney2!
We've noticed that you've not been active on The Chicago Garage for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?"

This site initiated the whole thing so here I am. I will also add that no one would be complaining if I happened to be selling my Shelby for a $1,000.00 and it happened to be my first post. Everyone would be all over that and not utter a word of complaint about being a so-called "troll" or having too few posts. So no, everyone is an opportunist when it suits their own needs. Plausible deniability by anyone on this site or the opposing counsel I deal with will not cut it with me. Greetings to all. I am here to stay this time.
Richard E.
You were sent an e-mail because you are a registered member that hasn't posted in a long time.
You're right, we wouldn't be complaining if you were selling a nice car for a cheap price. That would be something that somebody would want. But you're pedaling some crappy book that no one here will buy.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Hey dude, there is something called the Shelby American World Registry. Crack it open. You will find my name as owner of car 6S843. Since I had the stones to not hide my full name on this site or any other for that matter, you will have no trouble finding me as the owner in said Registry.
What is so remarkable about owning a 66 Shelby?
Richard E.

Not sure who took a stab at your shelby? I know no one in this thread did. i sence some insecurity immediatly defending it when no one questioned that.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Per Book

"I bet I can make it."

"I bet you can't."

Steve McDonald took another swig of hard rye and leaned his elbow on the bar, wondering if he really could.

"It's all bullshit anyway," he said. "The highway is just a highway. Just asphalt and a dotted line. There's nothing magically dangerous about it. A couple of bad curves is all. My car'll handle it."

Dan Mitchell looked him in the eyes.

"Want to make a bet of it? Put your life on the line?" Dan flung a quarter on the table and watched it spin precariously before flattening itself out on the bar.

"Bet?" Steve's eyes narrowed. He considered the idea. To bet on one's own life. Now that would be a bet on himself, laying his driving skills wide open on the white line.

"Sure I'd bet my life on it. Now what about you then?"

Dan picked up the quarter and stuffed it in his denim pocket. "I'll bet someone's going to die if we try it."

"Getting scared, Dan? Or maybe you don't have the driving skills you once had in high school. Yeah, just maybe your reflexes are a little slower these days."

"You're full of shit," Dan retorted. "I have the reflexes of a cat."

Steve gulped the rest of his drink and slammed the shot glass face down on the bar. "Okay, so you're in then."

Steve saw a nervousness sweep across Dan's face. U.S. 187 was an old highway. It was an abandoned highway. New in the 1950s, Route 187 hadn't been driven in years. The State of Wyoming had declared the old road off limits in the early 80s leaving the 100 mile stretch to the perils of decay and the overgrowth of weeds. No one drove U.S. 187 anymore. Not ever. And people told stories. Some said the road was haunted. Others said it was poorly engineered by the government. But all agreed that a cruise on Route 187 meant a high probability you'd come out the other end in a body bag. Over the years, only a handful lived to tell the tale of what they'd seen. And what they told seemed incredible.

Steve snapped his fingers in Dan Mitchell's face, zapping him out of a near catatonic state. "Relax, Dan. The stories you've heard about 187 are myths. They are, how shall I say, bullshit?" Steve ran his finger along the bar in a zigzag as if running a miniaturized version of the infamous road.

"It's only a highway, Mitchell. What we really need is to get more people if we're going to make it a true road race. A real challenge among men and machines."

"This is insane," said Dan. "I swore I'd never do this."

"You can do all the swearing you want after you complete the run. First one out the other end wins." Steve made a closed fist at Mitchell, rattling it at him like a saber. "And you can bet the first one out'll be me."

"Not so fast," said Mitchell. "My Z28 Camaro will seriously hamper your rush to the finish line. I put a cross-ram intake manifold on her so now she's faster than fast. If I choose to run this thing, I'm running it with my bowtie on."

Steve's face flushed at the thought of Dan's Camaro outrunning his Ford to the finish line. He had to counter that boast and said, "My Mustang will shut you down long before you reach the halfway point. Your overconfidence will go up in blue smoke as sure as your engine burns oil."

"Classic Chevy-Ford battle," said Dan, his mood lightening and his mind temporarily forgetting the peril of the highway..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info