• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Automatic to Manual Conversion MKIV Supra

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I3tdil6.jpg

This is a series of videos I made showing the process of converting an automatic 1998 MKIV Toyota Supra Turbo to a manual 6 speed transmission using a Grannas Racing T56 Magnum (TR6060) conversion kit.

Part 1: Tear down and preparation for conversion

Notes: This video will show process of removing the transmission in preparation for the clutch, master cylinder, transmission, and driveshaft install.

Part 2: Clutch, pedal, master cylinder install

Notes: This video will show process of installing the Mcloed RXT 1200 clutch, Tilton master cylinder, Grannas shifter panel, and clutch pedal installation. I also swap out my differential although that is not necessary for this swap.

Part 3: T56 Magnum modification and install

Notes: This video will go through the remaining installation of the transmission, throw out bearing, trans modifications and button up the remaining bits. I also do a little walk around of the finished product, talk about some of my struggles, and give my driving impressions.

I will also be doing a retrospective video now that I have been able to put some miles on the car and address some post conversion issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info