Autoblog - Best and Worst Vettes of all time

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They made about the same number of Z06s as L88s.

I bet that was more to do with price of the L88 motor option. Same with the ZL1 Camaro. As well as the fact they under rated that motor to 430hp so that on paper the other engines produced similar power for less money. So many probably figured it wasn't worth the extra cost. But only had they known the L88 was more like 550hp.

Let's say in a magical world that looks like 1967 USA. You are in a dealership and were looking at a Corvette and price was not a concern. The dealership has both a 63 tanker as well as 67 L88 car. Both new on the showroom floor. Are you saying you would tank the 63 tanker over the 67 L88? Because it is the better car? A 340hp sb car with a big gas tank versus a 550hp 427 corvette with disc brakes? As a street car, not a race car. Because I don't think the article is talking race car pedigree as it leaves out some serious vettes that were race cars.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't think you can ignore the racing implications of the L88, which probably wouldn't have existed without Chevrolet's desire to go racing and beat the Cobras. A trend that started with the 63 Z06.

OK, that might be a stretch. But I'm sticking to it! :rofl:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Check out the Brian Redman vintage race at Road America. You get to see exactly that.

IMG_3861-.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info