Autobahn Monday 9/14

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i just want a reliable workhouse that someone else worked out the kinks of already, and to just drive it and swap pads/fluids/tires. all the better if less often because it is light. i've had a reasonably good record of this with new brz, buying someone's sorted e36 or something seems like an attractive way to go too.

Phalabala

Regular
Aug 18, 2015
Inverness
i had the motor oil and differential fluid changed after every track day in my vette (per the owners manual)

back in the early 2000s i figured out i was spending north of 20k a year on track days and that was on a motorcycle. when you factor in hotels, fuel, transportation, tires/brakes/fluids/food it all adds up fast.

gotta pay to play! this is an expensive hobby... but for me this is the most fun I have all year, pants on or off.

Reactions: J-LO

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
People give me funny looks for running my 145 hp Mazda3.. but 450 bucks for tires for the year, change brake fluid for SRF once a year 75 dollars, 250 dollars in front pads and oil changes every other event (unless it is stupid hot) and it costs me about 300 bucks a day to run the car including the cost of track times. I camp at almost every event and bring my own food. Just can't beat that. Really want to take the next step with a lighter/faster car and keep it that reliable.

Driving my lemons car this year showed me how far behind I am as a driver so hoping to improve that next year now that my racing budget is hopefully restored.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info