Autobahn full June 25th

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've dumped enough money into the brz that i'm married to it for a while i think. no coil pack problems would be nice. i enjoy driving it and there's usually a bunch of others around - no attempt to organize or anything today and there were still 3 others there.

my bro has an s2k, i only drove it once although i didn't recall thinking i'd want one myself. would be fun to try tossing it around at speed but that is not gonna happen.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
IMG_0642.jpg

Fastest lap of day

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
What happened to the cooling modifications you did to keep the coil packs from dying?

- i gots actual ceramic on my header, not just ceramic paint
- the header cat is smashed out, exhaust temps are lower at the sensor at least as a result
- the louvers result in lower temps, confirmed by thermocouple theremometer as well as best i could (one that logged instead of just was sticky with peak temps would have been better)

about all i can do temp wise. i haven't killed one for a bit, i think this delays death rather than prevents it. just did cylinder 2 so it's the only fresh one with this full combo i believe. we'll see how long she lasts.

hoping to not go to gridlife then trip another cylinder by lunch or something unfun...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info