Autobahn 4/3

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Registered at the very last second for a Trackday at autobahn today. We ran the south track.

Very tricky conditions. There was frost on the ground this morning for the first session and the track was super wet. Turn 1/2 stayed wet all day and you had to be very ginger with the throttle on turn three (million dollar corner). The exit out of patience as stayed damp all day. This was the opening weekend at autobahn so the track is completely green.

I still have one session left which should be the best of the day. I’m out with the new car (Camaro SS 1LE). I literally made it out of the break in window on the way to the track lol.

I was pretty cautious with it. Lap times started out around 2:15 but have been progressively dropping. I ran a 1:53.74 last session. I haven’t had the tires in their heat zone all day. Just too cold out and I’m still figuring out tire pressures for this car. Lots of time left but having a blast nonetheless!

653DBAF2-A9B4-4736-8F59-8FE8E131B70D.jpeg

01F835F0-604D-4C78-8BB5-8229BE23BAD5.jpeg

52372188-41A4-4B1D-A9EE-F16F2C64A1FD.jpeg

9E74A474-A9FB-4330-8D27-CAACBDE1F1DE.jpeg

BA75F9C5-7DDB-41E1-A7C2-404C4EE7FC3E.jpeg

9FC34FAB-592C-4E6A-A26B-0F9F9C65E5BF.jpeg

B6FA8C05-ED19-4785-BFBE-17ACFF1E9D47.jpeg

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
What organization put the track day on today? Was it MVP?
I need to get back into this.
RevMatchracing.org put it on. They just started last year but I really like the guy running it. They even do a free time attack during the event. This part didn’t go as planned as we had some trouble with the transponders.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Awesome! what tires are you on? And how do the shoulders look? I pretty much just threw some chalk/tire paint on the shoulders to figure out pressures.

Tire temps inside, middle, outside is what helped me find the right camber settings front and rear for my car. Cleaned up a lot of wear there as they weren't burning the outside third.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Awesome! what tires are you on? And how do the shoulders look? I pretty much just threw some chalk/tire paint on the shoulders to figure out pressures.

Tire temps inside, middle, outside is what helped me find the right camber settings front and rear for my car. Cleaned up a lot of wear there as they weren't burning the outside third.
Tires seemed to hold up good. It’s so different than running around with the Scatpack Charger. All my tires screamed for mercy on the dodge.
I’m running the stock tires, Goodyear eagle Supercar3

AC9A89A0-23A9-4309-B897-1E3C580BBE00.jpeg

Reactions: greasy

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Also, there be some drag racing going on down here. I think this is where they filmed street outlaws last year. Schweitzer rd.

View attachment 116049
You would be correct, sir.

Next time you sign up, let me know. I’ll bring down my Hero9 for a second camera angle, and will get action shots with the DSLR. It’ll be good practice for me.

I’ll PM you my info.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
You would be correct, sir.

Next time you sign up, let me know. I’ll bring down my Hero9 for a second camera angle, and will get action shots with the DSLR. It’ll be good practice for me.

I’ll PM you my info.
Sounds good. Bring the Infiniti out.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
A lap, it always looks so slow watching it back but it feels fast while your out there and the tires are squirming around.
I will say that the nannies on the Camaro are really good. I only tried full race mode twice and both times it was pretty sketchy. I actually put two wheels off the track on the inside of turn one trying to correct a major oversteer. The rest of the time I was in the track setting PTM mode dry. On the dry setting which has more traction, stability, and less slip on the diff you could put the power down pretty easy and the car just kinda new what to do without having to modulate the throttle as much.

Autobahn 4/3/2022 (cold and damp)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You're a wild man but I massively respect the YOLO. I like the new car, just peeped your new ride thread to see what it's all about. That package is awesome, seems like as you said just some brake fluid and it's ready to to rip, probably doesn't even need that :rofl:

Just out of curiosity, what did they charge you for 1/2 track racing? The last time I went was a while ago and we did north track (my favorite) and it was $180 for the whole day. Usually at AB everyone leaves around 2-ish so the rest of the day you can run as many sessions as you want.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hate the big ass bump in the t1 braking zone, on two wheels it's super unpredictable what it'll do to the bike
The bumps through 5-6-7 on the south track don't bother you?

I'm going pretty fast through that section 85-ish? and those bumps or hills or whatever you want to call them always freak me out. And I will admit, after seeing this video it kinda sour'd me a bit. That's a section that I used to try to pick up a lot of time but.... yar... I don't have a roll bar nor do I ever plan on putting in a roll bar, it's a daily driven street car.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I'm going pretty fast through that section 85-ish? and those bumps or hills or whatever you want to call them always freak me out. And I will admit, after seeing this video it kinda sour'd me a bit. That's a section that I used to try to pick up a lot of time but.... yar... I don't have a roll bar nor do I ever plan on putting in a roll bar, it's a daily driven street car.

I don't even go on the south track. I'm not a fan of ACC at all, but at least the north track is kind of flowy and it's close so I go 1-2x a year.

Overall you'd have no idea there's so much money at that place given how shitty the track is.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Yeah, I like that complex, but hate the conditions. Nothing like a bump-induced tank slapper while leaned over and ripping through there.

Out of all my motorcycle track days at ACC I've done about 20 full course days, one south only, and one north only. Basically it's either full course or I don't go.

At least I can get a few days out of my tires there. At Road America I get one pair of days before they're shredded.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
You're a wild man but I massively respect the YOLO. I like the new car, just peeped your new ride thread to see what it's all about. That package is awesome, seems like as you said just some brake fluid and it's ready to to rip, probably doesn't even need that :rofl:

Just out of curiosity, what did they charge you for 1/2 track racing? The last time I went was a while ago and we did north track (my favorite) and it was $180 for the whole day. Usually at AB everyone leaves around 2-ish so the rest of the day you can run as many sessions as you want.
Track day was $290 and I’m pretty sure Ryan at revmatch lost his ass on the event. There were maybe 50 cars out and he booked the track Saturday and Sunday.
The crazy price to me was the quote I got for track insurance. $520 for the day ?
I’d like to have it when going to a new track or when conditions are shit but I’ll take it it a bit easy at that price.
Turns 5-7 we’re fine, not bumpy. But going over the creek between 3-4 there is a good bump right at the braking zone. Typically I just give the brakes a quick stab there but the bump was throwing me off a bit.
The other part of the track that stayed sketchy all day was turn 13/14 which put you out onto the front straight. It stayed wet all day except the inside of the corner by the curb. Turn 14 basically points you straight to the wall so you don’t want to go wide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info