• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Auto Fluid (Oil) Extractor ?

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Have any of you guys ever used one of these? Of course the idiots that changed my oil overfilled it by a half quart. I’m thinking about buying one. You just stick the tube down the dipstick tube and carefully suck out the oil.

I know I should take it back to where I had the oil changed. But. They won’t do it.

I’m not gonna argue with idiots.

The owners manual says the Scat takes 7 quarts but it’s overfilled on the dipstick.

No big deal. I’ll just do it.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/multi+fluid+extractor.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

There’s a lot to choose from on Amazon too. For less money.

I researched a lot on the Charger forums. And everyone says it takes 6 1/2 quarts.

Don’t you guys hate it when a mechanic won’t listen. They think they know better. Fuck ‘em. Lol.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

378940ce593788618a33a49d87be8b06.jpg

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I have one for doing boats its a 5 gal bucket with a pump on it works well, you could always just dump a bit out the bottom for free

There’s a “skid” plate cover that has to come off first too. No biggie. I think 4 10mm bolts hold it on. It covers the oil pan and filter I think.

It fucking sucks I can’t do it myself. I’m so fucking frustrated at some stupid health issues.

I have some health problems. Otherwise I would. I changed the oil on my 03 Cobra for 16 years. Lol.

I can handle doing this. Small job though. Lol.

Overfilling by a half quart probably won’t hurt anything but still I want it to be right. Overfilling by more definitely would/could cause a lot of problems.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Marko trade it on a 1320.

Come with me. To get a good deal. You’re the best negotiator.

Those guys are pretty cool at Bosak Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler in Merrillville, IN.

CRAZY salesman last week emailed me and wanted to pick me up with the Challenger so I could test drive it. Seriously. Lol. I live like 10 mins away.

I think they still have a red and green one. In stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info