• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Auto Fluid (Oil) Extractor ?

Marko

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever used one of these? Of course the idiots that changed my oil overfilled it by a half quart. I’m thinking about buying one. You just stick the tube down the dipstick tube and carefully suck out the oil.

I know I should take it back to where I had the oil changed. But. They won’t do it.

I’m not gonna argue with idiots.

The owners manual says the Scat takes 7 quarts but it’s overfilled on the dipstick.

No big deal. I’ll just do it.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/multi+fluid+extractor.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

There’s a lot to choose from on Amazon too. For less money.

I researched a lot on the Charger forums. And everyone says it takes 6 1/2 quarts.

Don’t you guys hate it when a mechanic won’t listen. They think they know better. Fuck ‘em. Lol.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
Harbor freight has a hand pump for about $7 that works for this purpose. I used it on my wifes trans before I overhauled it. It's pretty much disposable.

Marko

Reaction score
This would probably work too. Lol. It’s just 1/2 quart. That I need to take out. Idk.

Maybe they didn’t drain all the oil out. Because the original oil from the factory was filled right up to the full line.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have one for doing boats its a 5 gal bucket with a pump on it works well, you could always just dump a bit out the bottom for free

Marko

Reaction score
Should I probably take off the oil filler cap and obviously take out the dipstick when I do this?

Marko

Reaction score
I have one for doing boats its a 5 gal bucket with a pump on it works well, you could always just dump a bit out the bottom for free
There’s a “skid” plate cover that has to come off first too. No biggie. I think 4 10mm bolts hold it on. It covers the oil pan and filter I think.

It fucking sucks I can’t do it myself. I’m so fucking frustrated at some stupid health issues.

I have some health problems. Otherwise I would. I changed the oil on my 03 Cobra for 16 years. Lol.

I can handle doing this. Small job though. Lol.

Overfilling by a half quart probably won’t hurt anything but still I want it to be right. Overfilling by more definitely would/could cause a lot of problems.

Marko

Reaction score
Marko trade it on a 1320.
Come with me. To get a good deal. You’re the best negotiator.

Those guys are pretty cool at Bosak Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler in Merrillville, IN.

CRAZY salesman last week emailed me and wanted to pick me up with the Challenger so I could test drive it. Seriously. Lol. I live like 10 mins away.

I think they still have a red and green one. In stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom