Austian company converts Tesla Model 3 to hybrid, Telsa fanbois rage

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Still hoping for a 100kWh Model Y. I don't think the Y is any uglier than all of the coupe SUVs that all the manufacturers are going to.

I just hate the interior. I wonder if a dash could be developed based on an Android laptop plugged into the ODB II.

It needs a dash or HUD. It should have HUD. I bet you could run something off of OBD port for sure. Designing a nice bezel would be the key part because you don't want that looking hokey.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
giphy.gif

Reactions: guspech750

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
So a home electric charger generally uses about as much electricity as a whole house AC system. And generally you charge at night Which actually helps the grid because they can run the power plants at a steady pace so charging a car at home actually helps the grid. So it’s not like if people started getting cars left and right that the power lines will all start melting off the poles like people think.

at what point will batteries charge fast enough and last long enough? Data is showing that a model 3 battery has less than 3% degradation after 100,000 miles. You can add 180 miles in 15 minutes on V3 superchargers... which someday will likely get even faster. Again, how much faster does it need to get for people to accept it?

I do t believe pack swaps will ever become a thing. First off, they are complicated and have liquid running through them so quick disconnects are a problem. then there’s the whole thing with not wanting somebody’s else’s old battery. you Could have a new car and a battery with 200,000 miles on it. No thanks.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
But it also takes how many hours to charge at home? Even with the 240 chargers?

yea, you get home and plug in. shower, sleep, shit shave, unplug and start the next day.
also important to note would be that in normal daily driving you don’t charge to 100% and you would never be anywhere near empty so it would only be a few hours to charge

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I took tons of long road trips in my Model S that supercharged slower and had 85 fewer miles of range than my Model 3 and it was never a bother. Rumor is the new plaid version of the S is going to get a 120kwh battery pack which equates to something like nearly 500 miles of range. Even now you can get 370 miles of range in the long range Model S. That's fine for road tripping and the car charges so fast that even a 10 minute pee stop gets you back on the road, even if it's just to the next charger and next 10 minute pee stop. 75 miles of range in 5 minutes on the Model 3. I think it's something like 130 miles in 10 minutes. That's a far cry from just a couple years ago when I'd be sitting for forty minutes to add 150 miles.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Here's an idea! I can take the decaying material of dinosaurs, liquefy it, and my car uses it for food. There could be a bunch of these places across the country, take 5 minutes to fill up my tank, and I can go for 300-400 miles.

But seriously, the charging situation is getting better, but if you live out in the boonies, or travel out to the boonies, or have a job where you need to go from place to place, and can't wait on charging, the electric car is just not there yet. Yes, around the Chicagoland and LA area, would be great, and I can see all of its benefits. I just can't buy it as a trip car yet...because I will drive 400+ miles without stopping on a roadtrip. And I want to do that multiple times in a row if I can.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info