Austian company converts Tesla Model 3 to hybrid, Telsa fanbois rage

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I like it! I am a big time plug-in hybrid fan. I would rather they left the entire battery and found a way to put the generator in the frunk. Not sure where to put the gas tank though. The BMW i3 does the same thing and only adds about 300lbs to the vehicle.

Once again, give me an F150 with the 2.7L or the 3.5L and a 50 mile plug-in range.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I like it. For me I think the perfect version would be about 200 miles electric with a 7 gallon gas tank generator backup.

However weight becomes an issue because you have a full size battery and a generator and gas tank etc. but for me that would be perfect. Enough electric for most things you want and a gas backup if you simply don’t feel like supercharging for 20 mins or what not on a longer road trip.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I like it. For me I think the perfect version would be about 200 miles electric with a 7 gallon gas tank generator backup.

However weight becomes an issue because you have a full size battery and a generator and gas tank etc. but for me that would be perfect. Enough electric for most things you want and a gas backup if you simply don’t feel like supercharging for 20 mins or what not on a longer road trip.

These guys took out 2/3 of the battery pack, to reduce weight, because adding the gas engine, and all of it's accessories is gonna add some weight too...so unless you want a 6000 pound hybrid, gonna have to lose a bunch of that battery weight

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Once again, give me an F150 with the 2.7L or the 3.5L and a 50 mile plug-in range.
Agree here 100%. I could commute to work on battery/plug in and have the ICE for backup and everything else, like long road trips, towing, etc.

Also, how did you get the Fuelly stats in your sig? Do they update as your Fuelly logs change when added to?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
These guys took out 2/3 of the battery pack, to reduce weight, because adding the gas engine, and all of it's accessories is gonna add some weight too...so unless you want a 6000 pound hybrid, gonna have to lose a bunch of that battery weight

I figured they did it simply for weight. Can’t really have the best of both worlds at this current time unless you want a super heavy car like you said.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

honestly, id bet this thing is still lighter than whatever they started with... gasoline is relatively lightweight.... they said half a gallon gets 60 miles of range, right? so it's not like you need more than 5-8 gallons... even at 10 gallons, that's less than 60lbs.

then... "small 54-horsepower, two-cylinder engine in its frunk, "

that cannot weigh more than 200lbs at most.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
good god these fanbois butts are hurt.

what a bunch of chuckleheads.

• Haha
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info