August 3, 2020: Autobahn Country Club II (Joliet, IL) [Full 3.56 Mile Course] - “Monday at The Bahn”

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
damn, yep thats the spot. you can see in both videos that there is a lot of rubber down on the track from people going off there.
i'm sure it was me behind you. I was the only white charger out there.

It looks really nice, hopefully we see each other at the next event there. We're thinking about the next LAPS event but I am only going to go if I can get a different final drive rear end.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I'm still lifting at the kink. In my head i know i can make it through full throttle, just waiting for my balls to catch up.
Thats fine. Just saying the more you set yourself up for that turn and get your line just right. Then once it clicks you are just like holy shit why didn't I do that all the time before. It is a turn that just looks very odd compared to most others so it tricks you into braking/turning in more than is needed.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Jeeeesus. Dude didn't even understeer either, probably could have made that turn just fine if he didn't straighten the wheel for a split second

If you read his description he goes over what was running through his mind and how he knew not to do exactly what he did. A lot of people have made that same mistake, still not as "dangerous" as millions dollar corner, that one I do keep in mind. My friend added $18k to that corner and the last time I was there with some TCG members a pretty new-ish M3 added it's value as well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This did happen... Parts store axle came apart so randomly on my cool down lap.

XzfgykY.jpg
Vegita what did the RPM gauge say?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
this was my almost off track moment. Drop box sucks for playing back files...sorry if the quality sucks.
Man I can hear your tires crying for mommy! I only did AB Full once. I need to get my stuff sorted so I can go to the track. When I took the original gray RS to AB I didn't push the car hard at all really. Enough to have fun, enough to pass a few cars, and get passed by a few cars too.

RA is a track I'm way more comfortable and consistent at. I know the track well enough that every time I go out I'm working on pushing the braking/cornering that much further (except for the kink, NOPE, not pushing there).

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It was my third time out there this year. Its been a learning experience everytime. First time in early June i did a lead follow. Second time i had instructor in car but only had a couple sessions before mechanical issues. This time i was on my own.
My second time out i had bad brake pads. I wore through them in two 30 minute sessions. Yesterday i had good track pads, good motul high temp fluid and felt way more confident in the brakes. However, my rotors were cracking up so i missed the last session. I had drilled/slotted rotors from powerstop. They said they are fine for track use. They were wrong. Luckly i brought the "track day" rotors which are just beefy solid rotors with me so i was able to change them out and get home.
I ran out of gas on the cool down lap :oops:. This was embarrassing. I brought 5 gallons of gas with me. I was thinking about putting it in before the session but I was showing just over a 1/4 tank. when the car shut down the needle wasn't on the E line. So lesson learned there...don't push it. I don't think the computer really calculates usage right when you are getting 5 mpg. Thankfully they were able to get me pulled back with little damage to the car which was lucky because i'm lowered and there was no good place to put the strap. I'll be installing some tow hooks before the next event.
I haven't gone off the track yet. I did come pretty close once yesterday. I got a point buy from an instructor doing a lead follow late going into turn 5. The track kinda goes down hill there and i took the inside line and got onto the throttle to aggressively and did a 75mph drift. Thankfully i got it collected and all was well.

i won't run anyone's drilled + slotted rotors

i've run out of gas on the street outside going to the gas station, not on the track though. calculations are definitely off and a full lap consumes a lot, if my gas light comes on i immediately go into cool down mode and get off asap. dunno when your idiot light comes on but my tiny boi motor sipping the gas probably gives me a little extra time compared to yours!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info