• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Audio Experts step in

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Weird yours wouldn’t have space behind all that, what’s back there? The dash’s all have the same part number and doesn’t matter if it’s console or not.

I’ve heard the Bose shit sucks. So you bypassed the factory amp and used your own? Thankfully speakers are an easy swap on these.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Weird yours wouldn’t have space behind all that, what’s back there? The dash’s all have the same part number and doesn’t matter if it’s console or not.

I’ve heard the Bose shit sucks. So you bypassed the factory amp and used your own? Thankfully speakers are an easy swap on these.

Dont recall whast back there, will snap a pic when I finally get the correct antenna adapter.

I added an amp and a sub. Playing the OEM speakers off the aftermarket radio thru the Bose amp. They sounded very good with the stock head unit, cant figure out why the aftermarket head unit would make them sound so shitty at medium volume. I'm probably going to end up swapping the OEM speakers and see what it sounds like. I know I have some newer JBL's door/dash speakers laying around in my garage that I took out of my Ram.
Those played off the stock Alpine amp in my Ram and sounded very good.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

I'm thinking the digital climate control is bigger than the manual like you have? deeper?

and then also, below the climate control in my truck, i have switches where you added your heated seat switches.

mine are for backup sensors, adjustable pedals, and traction control if i remember right.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I saw the same, my factory bose stuff woke up and sounds 100x better with my aftermarket head unit.

bass stopped clipping at higher levels.

it's definitely not as good as an entire replacement system, but it's much much much better.

Mine doesnt, thats my problem, I expected the factory Bose speakers to sound better. At volume 20 and above they sound just outright shitty. As I mentioned yesterday, I spent hours fucking with the settings and built in EQ. They sound like almost muffled.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'm thinking the digital climate control is bigger than the manual like you have? deeper?

and then also, below the climate control in my truck, i have switches where you added your heated seat switches.

mine are for backup sensors, adjustable pedals, and traction control if i remember right.
There’s space behind all that though if you look. There’s the “back” of where the head unit sits which goes all the way down to where the switches go but there’s space behind that.

My Sierra has auto climate control, it wasn’t much deeper.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So there's two levels of Bose, in 2013, so I'm betting you have the higher end one than me. Mine sounds good at all levels- again- not full blown replacement setup, but much better than the factory head unit had it sound

Do you have a sub in your center console from the factory?

Mine is a 2014 if it matters. I thought the factory sub was under the center console. But at high volume I stick my hand in there and feel around and I dont feel anything. I would think you would feel something inside the center console from the factory sub. In the rear there is no "grill" in the plastic where a factory sub might be.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
There’s space behind all that though if you look. There’s the “back” of where the head unit sits which goes all the way down to where the switches go but there’s space behind that.

yeah there wasn't in mine the climate control goes back too far to put anything below/behind that

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl: sounds safe.

Sierra only had like half fancy stuff, though didn’t even have traction control. The Tahoe is a basic bitch. I do not miss the auto climate control. So slow to change from cold to hot. Kinda miss folding mirrors though.

This is the first vehicle i don't mind the auto climate control... i leave it at 69* on both sides and auto and just hammer down.

i wish my truck had power folding mirrors. i wonder if that was ever an option on tow mirrors from the factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info