Audi E-tron GT Concept revealed

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
the lack of critical thinking by these electric car nutswingers is fucking mind fucking

Tesla owner versus any non Tesla EV thread...

giphy.gif

Everyone else should just give up and crown Tesla King. But oddly enough, this feels a lot like the old iPhone vs. Android threads of old. iPhone the best.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
According to wiki "As of October 2018, the electric vehicle network consisted of 11,234 individual Supercharger stalls at 1,359 locations worldwide." That is a huge advantage to Tesla owners right now. But how long did that take them to get to those numbers? 6-7 years I believe.

Anyone would be crazy to think in the future that several years other manufacturers wouldn't have a network set up. Heck, I bet you will see companies offering charging stations as a pay option as well. Remember, at one-time gas stations were far and few between.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
According to wiki "As of October 2018, the electric vehicle network consisted of 11,234 individual Supercharger stalls at 1,359 locations worldwide." That is a huge advantage to Tesla owners right now. But how long did that take them to get to those numbers? 6-7 years I believe.

Anyone would be crazy to think in the future that several years other manufacturers wouldn't have a network set up. Heck, I bet you will see companies offering charging stations as a pay option as well. Remember, at one-time gas stations were far and few between.

It for sure can happen... everyone will go through similar growing pains. Some of the benefits Audi and GM and VW etc will have over Tesla is just the free cash they can spend on it. They won't have the cash constraints Tesla did in the beginning all while trying to build the network... so I assume they could do it quicker than 7 years.

I actually was wondering the other day will that be the future? Instead of speedway's and mobile gas stations on the corner will it be a Tesla station, a Porsche station, and a "domestic station". (GM, Dodge, Ford) on the corners? All with their respective fast chargers?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A universal charging system would be the best way. But I somehow can't see everyone getting on board with that. lol

Which I think is absolutely stupid.

Could you imagine a world where your fuel tank took different Nozzles depending on who manufactured it?

I'm kind of surprised that Diesel, and Gas don't have different nozzles to prevent idiots from adding the wrong kind of fuel.

I'm sure mechanics everywhere scratch their heads or prepare to slam their head into a wall when they see a Gas car towed into a shop because someone filled the tank with Diesel and vice versa.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
im pretty sure diesel pump nozzles are larger than gas ones iirc.
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] please report.

Never owned a diesel, I just remember hearing stories about people filling their gas cars with diesel and of course the car takes a shit pretty quick.

Maybe that changed and I just never noticed because I don't have diesel.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
maybe it can vary by area too because i always not ice how GIRTHY the deeezul pumps are when i fill up work trucks compared to the limp gasser bs

BP I think is the stupidest. Gf once grabbed the black handled pump to fill her suv but realized it was doosel.... BP gas handles are green, their diesels are black.

Backasswards

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info