Audi E-tron GT Concept revealed

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Come on, take those Elon Musk fan boy glasses off. There's a lot of things that are superior to the S, as I pointed out the design and execution of the entire vehicle.

Design-Goes to Audi

Interior-Hands down Audi

Safety-That will be a toss up. I'd venture that both are very safe.

Performance-Tesla, by a slim margin.

Autonomy-Tesla as Audi hasn't released their Level 3 tech in the US. If they do, they will be on par with Tesla.

Range-Tesla

Charging-Tesla

It looks good.... again it’s a concept..... it will change I assure you. Wanna talk about running costs? Let me know how much those 285 22 inch tires will run ya per set.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Here is the biggest factor.... I am planning a road trip to Boston over winter break...... I can do this by simply jumping in my car and plugging in the address. I will stop at the superchargers and perform my trip as a normal car, minus gas and yes a little bit of delays.

In this Audi.... you currently cannot do this. And until you can this car in my eyes is not a competitor.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It looks good.... again it’s a concept..... it will change I assure you. Wanna talk about running costs? Let me know how much those 285 22 inch tires will run ya per set.

Probably slightly more than the 20" tires on Teslas. If the cost of tires is a concern with a $75-100K vehicle, maybe you're buying too much car?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Here is the biggest factor.... I am planning a road trip to Boston over winter break...... I can do this by simply jumping in my car and plugging in the address. I will stop at the superchargers and perform my trip as a normal car, minus gas and yes a little bit of delays.

In this Audi.... you currently cannot do this. And until you can this car in my eyes is not a competitor.

I think one thing you forget its Audi probably has a much bigger dealer network than Tesla. So if their dealers have quick charging stations owners will actually have a pretty good charging network right away. I get it, Tesla has a great advantage with their network as they have been improving that for years.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Time will tell. Audi/VW/Porsche has a lot of capital to invest and seems to be putting their money where their mouth is.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/18/17252088/vw-porsche-electric-car-charging-station-us

What needs to happen to help speed up adoption of EV's is for the manufacturers to come up with a universal charging infrastructure and monetize it. Other manufacturers can use Telsa's superchargers and Tesla owners could use other manufacturers charging stations. Tesla could still make charging free for their owners and make revenue off other makes and models.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Probably slightly more than the 20" tires on Teslas. If the cost of tires is a concern with a $75-100K vehicle, maybe you're buying too much car?

It’s not a concern for me? But people here have made mention that you still need to replace maintenance items on these cars just like ICE vehicles.

I was just stating they will be expensive for sure.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think one thing you forget its Audi probably has a much bigger dealer network than Tesla. So if their dealers have quick charging stations owners will actually have a pretty good charging network right away. I get it, Tesla has a great advantage with their network as they have been improving that for years.

This means all Audi dealers need to be close to highways or in convenient locations already coast to coast.

Do you think they have dealers along I-70 in the middle of bum fuck Kansas?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think we all take things for granted living in the chi area. We have tons of dealers for all makes, tons of infrastructure etc.

Have a Lamborghini? Yep got those dealers... Audi? Tons of dealers, Ferrari? Got those too.

But it’s not like that everywhere

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
i have 0 idea what you're getting at.

It was basically the response to the comment that Audi already has a ton of dealers. Just place chargers at the dealers and problem is some what solved.....

Well my argument is well that works only for people who live in a heavily populated area like chicago or the surrounding suburbs.

Travel outside down I-80 even towards Iowa and you wont find an Audi dealer for quite a while. Making a road trip difficult even if they had very fast chargers at their dealers, you would still need something in between.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It was basically the response to the comment that Audi already has a ton of dealers. Just place chargers at the dealers and problem is some what solved.....

Well my argument is well that works only for people who live in a heavily populated area like chicago or the surrounding suburbs.

Travel outside down I-80 even towards Iowa and you wont find an Audi dealer for quite a while. Making a road trip difficult even if they had very fast chargers at their dealers, you would still need something in between.

weird that you can make this argument for dealers, but not charging stations :rofl:

what does tesla's dick taste like anyways?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This means all Audi dealers need to be close to highways or in convenient locations already coast to coast.

Do you think they have dealers along I-70 in the middle of bum fuck Kansas?

Like I said, I get Tesla has a pretty good charging network. I mean, how many years have they been updating it?

Right off the batt the Audi dealer network could set up charging pretty quickly. That offers a lot of options. Then start building a network in other areas. Manufacturers are talking of building networks so it will come.

You Tesla guys are not happy unless you come in any EV thread like a dog and piss all over it marking your territory. Gives you guys a great reputation. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Not problem solved, just a great start to a network using resources they already have available. It looks like they have about 290 dealers in the US. Plus they are a part of VW. So they could be added into places for their customers to charge. So it definitely isn't a solution. But close to an instant way to help their EV customers? It couldn't hurt.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
If i travel down i65 towards kentucky a while, i won't find a supercharger for quite a while, up into the northwoods of wisconsin, not going to find them abundant there either.

He is saying you will find more Tesla supercharging stations than Audi dealerships. Because someone suggested Audi's proprietary charging could just start at dealerships.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It doesn't matter who said it. Yes, it would be a start for Audi. No, it wouldn't be anything to compare to the Tesla national supercharger network. I am guessing Telsa has more permits to build additional supercharging stations than Audi has dealerships in the US.

This^

Also the whole permit thing is an issue you guys need to realize. Tesla as well as others could build a shit ton of chargers way faster than they do now.... however the local municipalities still need to sign off on everything. There is a supercharger that was supposed to be done in the center of Nashville over this past summer... but still is not done because Tennessee is dragging ass. Things like this will hinder other car makers just like its been hindering Tesla.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It doesn't matter who said it. Yes, it would be a start for Audi. No, it wouldn't be anything to compare to the Tesla national supercharger network. I am guessing Telsa has more permits to build additional supercharging stations than Audi has dealerships in the US.

more permits? these permits are on a national level now?

This^

Also the whole permit thing is an issue you guys need to realize. Tesla as well as others could build a shit ton of chargers way faster than they do now.... however the local municipalities still need to sign off on everything. There is a supercharger that was supposed to be done in the center of Nashville over this past summer... but still is not done because Tennessee is dragging ass. Things like this will hinder other car makers just like its been hindering Tesla.

:rofl:

like it's hard to get a permit to do anything... one specific example you know of... :rofl:

you have to get a permit to take a shit in most chicago suburbs.. the municipalities will want their money like anything/anywhere else.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Audi is part of the VW group. So you can guess they will be using the same quick charging stations/equipment. So a lot more dealers.

And like posted earlier with VW's vow to make a charging network...

it plans to install EV charging stations at more than 100 Walmarts in 34 states by mid-2019. The announcement came a few days after Porsche, which is owned by VW Group, hinted at plans to build 500 of its own EV charging stations in the US

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Audi is part of the VW group. So you can guess they will be using the same quick charging stations/equipment. So a lot more dealers.

And like posted earlier with VW's vow to make a charging network...

nah bro, only tesla can kinda pull this off, everyone else is fucked.

except that pickup truck company, did you put your order in for one yet?

shit's sellin' like hot cakes!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
more permits? these permits are on a national level now?

:rofl:

like it's hard to get a permit to do anything... one specific example you know of... :rofl:

Christ your ignorance is really starting to show now.

I will try to simply stuff.... *uses baby voice*....... Fast chargers require construction..... Concrete, electric to be run to each station... local governments to sign off on the project.... potentially the local businesses in the area to sign off on it if they are using their parking spaces. etc etc etc.

Things take time. You live in Chicago..... you should know that construction takes a while. here in Chicago we take a full year to resurface a section of highway that it takes other states to do in a few months.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Christ your ignorance is really starting to show now.

I will try to simply stuff.... *uses baby voice*....... Fast chargers require construction..... Concrete, electric to be run to each station... local governments to sign off on the project.... potentially the local businesses in the area to sign off on it if they are using their parking spaces. etc etc etc.

Things take time. You live in Chicago..... you should know that construction takes a while. here in Chicago we take a full year to resurface a section of highway that it takes other states to do in a few months.

WHAT
ARE
YOU
EVEN
SAYING

and jesus man, do you really think nothing else requires permits in this world?

do you know the scale of projects going on everywhere at all time?

a tesla supercharger station isn't a big deal :rofl:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
WHAT
ARE
YOU
EVEN
SAYING

and jesus man, do you really think nothing else requires permits in this world?

do you know the scale of projects going on everywhere at all time?

a tesla supercharger station isn't a big deal :rofl:

Where did I say only Tesla's require permits? My god you are now trying to put words in my mouth to help your argument. Nor did I say a Tesla supercharger was a big deal.... but it still has to go through approval processes?

If it was so easy everyone would be doing it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info