ATV/UTV Adventure/Accessories Thread

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Outlaw, can you double pull trailers in WI?

As far as I know, yes. Never looked into restrictions, etc, but I see guys with 5th wheels pulling fishing boats all the time.

EDIT: This is all I could find

It is unlawful for a single vehicle to tow more than 1 vehicle unless the vehicles are being towed by the drive-away method and their overall length does not exceed 65 feet.

So, I think you're good if your secondary is a saddlemount/5th wheel and your OAL is under 65'

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
More info from a 3rd party site.

Triple towing is allowed in the following states:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah

Exceptions To The Rule; Of course, nothing is ever straightforward and simple though.

Many of these states have a variety of restrictions which could still hamper your ability to tow two trailers.

For example, some states limit total length of all 3 units to 65 feet. In some instances, the limit is 70 feet or 75 feet total length.

In some states, triple towing is restricted to adding the second trailer only behind a 5th wheel trailer.

Many states limit the second trailer to recreational equipment, such as a boat, snowmobile, or ATV 4-wheelers.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
ILLINOIS: maximum combined length of two- or three-vehicle combination (with fifth-wheel trailer only) 60 ft.

6a00d83451b3c669e2010537089bd1970b-800wi

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm thinking of building something like this but about half the length for keys and phone.

8012d1330961877-rear-rack-storage-cheap-photo1.jpg

My other option is I have a small pelican case that will fit a phone and keys. Maybe I'll just bolt in an eye hook in the trunk and attach it with a carabeaner.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
This is my usual cargo load
22574bcf08b9763add65193280347168.png

Up top in the black tube is my umbrella.

Back left is my dry bag. Inside I have spare socks, under armor (2 pairs), spare bone dry jacket and pants, as well as 2 sweat shirts.

Behind that is my gas grill.

Under the grill is my storage box. Inside I have a spare drive belt, first aid kit, flashlight, air compressor, tool kit, winter gloves, axe.

Yeti out back for quick beer reloads.

Carry 6 extra gallons fuel on the sides of the cage.

I also have a glove box up front. Spare safety glasses, lighter, 3x pairs of gloves, Glock, koozie, headband flash light.

I would like to invest in a Sat. phone...just in case.

Thread Info