ATV shopping questions and guidance.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, but if youre already renting a truck to drive your shit there, just tossing it on a trailer wouldnt be a huge deal no? Like you took your SxS out west, just more driving. :bowrofl:
Get one decent size trailer, bring a SxS, ATV, and a Snowmobile. Done. :bowrofl:
but like, a LOT more driving :rofl:

map your location to like, homer alaska... then put on paper getting 8 mpg paying 2.75-3.50 per gallon for gas....

then look at how cheap a direct plane ticket from ohare to anc is... and go hmmm. id sell all my shit here and ship whatever i couldn't live without... and then buy whatever i could replace, there.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
but like, a LOT more driving :rofl:

map your location to like, homer alaska... then put on paper getting 8 mpg paying 2.75-3.50 per gallon for gas....

then look at how cheap a direct plane ticket from ohare to anc is... and go hmmm. id sell all my shit here and ship whatever i couldn't live without... and then buy whatever i could replace, there.

Likely the better option. Was just thinking maybe start buying toys down here cheap, but it would likely not save any money bringing them up there. It's hard to tell because most of the motorsports sites in Alaska all seem to say "click for a quote"

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
only way id drive to AK is if i had at least 5 weeks round trip, if not longer. it's fucking far. 3750 miles to homer one way. 64 hours.

that's 6 10+ hours of driving per day ONE WAY. fuck that would be brutal.

Well we're talking about only a one way trip..... Im going next year to check it out with my brother and sister in law. If it's all theyre making it out to be then maybe I'll start my planning to officially get out of Illinois. :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
im glad the OP bought something already because we train derailed this thread right the fuck off the tracks.

It’s all good as I would hope this discussion can help others

Welcome to the 570 SP club, enjoy it!

I will make you laugh. When trying to talk the wife into this purchase I told her Dan told me you need EPS......she said who the fuck is Dan. Lol

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Everything in AK is expensive. Esp. the powersports. Also, the drive there blows..Drove from Denver to AK in a semi truck. fucking sucked...

Thats what I was curious about. Like would you save money buying shit like that down here and then bringing it up with you or is it too much money bringing everything and it would be a wash just buying it all up there.

I mean if youre in Alaska you need a SxS, ATV, and Snow Machine I assume. :dunno:

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I have that part covered. :bowrofl:

Although I would need to look up good calibers for bear protection.

I dont think one of my plethora of 9mm handguns would do the trick. :rofl:

.45-70Gov

It’s all good as I would hope this discussion can help others

I will make you laugh. When trying to talk the wife into this purchase I told her Dan told me you need EPS......she said who the fuck is Dan. Lol

hahahahahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info