ATTN: James turbocharged400sbc

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Still don't know why james does this nonsense, it's a friggin' grand prix, this type of tuning is a waste of time. If you command 12.2 and it runs at 12.1 then command 12.3 and bam, done. Who gives a shit if it's off a little bit, ur not tuning an 8 second car where something like this is important. GTPmikes car will remain slow until it actually has a tune and this nonsense is over with. I still don't think it went all the way down the track at 14.7afr, not possible without something giving IMO but i guess i could be wrong :dunno: This is probably the (no offense james) dumbest thing to let someone do if it actually did run down the track that lean. Running a car at WOT with a 14.7afr... :ugh:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Running without PE on a modded motor? I have to disagree with you kj.. If for example he was just running on a 3.5 with a properly tuned car (to be safe) then yes, good route. Or not put random pistons into your motor, that helps as well..

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Still don't know why james does this nonsense, it's a friggin' grand prix, this type of tuning is a waste of time. If you command 12.2 and it runs at 12.1 then command 12.3 and bam, done. Who gives a shit if it's off a little bit, ur not tuning an 8 second car where something like this is important. GTPmikes car will remain slow until it actually has a tune and this nonsense is over with. I still don't think it went all the way down the track at 14.7afr, not possible without something giving IMO but i guess i could be wrong :dunno: This is probably the (no offense james) dumbest thing to let someone do if it actually did run down the track that lean. Running a car at WOT with a 14.7afr... :ugh:
as i said before with PE enabled once you hit PE TP % YOU ARE NO LONGER IN CLOSED LOOP! ie the readings used by thingy (ltft's ) are not being adjusted in real time, so your tunning the top of the maf table with ltft's that lock in and just stay there in the log, while small changes may not need much of a change up top when you make larger changes, using locked in ft data isnt helping you, the riv kept repeatedly adding 1.xx% doing maf tunes with PE, without PE it was able to go to +12% we were able to dial it in in a day. sure mike doesnt have a crazy setup but just before the track day i did his exhaust and intake, the fastest way for him to tune where i felt it was safe for him to race was no pe street tuning before, and i made some changes and fattened the top end, i wanted him to log noPE on the way to the track and for the first few runs to collect that data (btw at one point he's +11% on just a few hit counts of just the track run data and on average +4-6% 7khz and up) so i could walk him through a quick track maf tune, enable PE and make some more data collection runs....well the track closed right before he was able to do so...not my fault.
mikes busy and i certainly am, it's not like he's over here every few days.
shoot i just got to look at the track data tonight, so once i see how it does with this track maf table on the street i'll be able to see how the extra fuel affecting kr, timing is unchanged, the only other things i changed are the WOT shift points....i still need to set up a track only trans bin though.

i will tell ya this much, his street logs show his maf pretty dialed in, for the track, not so much. remember folks everythings a compromise...while he may see some LTFT's at -8 with the track maf table on the street at least when he gets on it (high load FTC) it'll be correct.

now if he can bring me back some backroads 1/4 mile WOT PE enabled log data, i can see how things are before this next track day...my goal here is to make sure i can keep mike from doing what he do best lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info