Attempting to get 1000hp out of the 2020 Supra

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Man it’s crazy all the new stuff cars come with that most people don’t even know. Only thing I kept thinking about during this video is wow it must take a lot of labor time to do some of these items on the car, such as that thermostat contraption.

Either way that was super cool to see.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ya, I think the percentage of people who modify their BMW is pretty small compared what the Supra crowd will end up at. I have a feeling the number of Supra sold here in the states will be a lot more than the BMW as well. One nice thing is both cars benefit. Especially the Supra due to the fact that it isn't an all-new engine. Since it's based on an existing platform there is already a bunch of parts out for it already. I mean the car has only been out for like a month and 550+ rwhp is possible already. I think the aftermarket is driven to spend the money on R&D to bring more products out for the car. It should be interesting. Now let's see a 1,000 hp and how streetable it is.

Reactions: willizm

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Some cool new stuff has come out for the n54/55 as a result of renewed interest because of the Supra imho. There’s finally a decent solution for fueling. Will be a lot more n54s going north of 800 now. I’m hoping pricing comes down enough next season to pop in some hybrid turbos and shoot for 650-700

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Ya, I think the percentage of people who modify their BMW is pretty small compared what the Supra crowd will end up at. I have a feeling the number of Supra sold here in the states will be a lot more than the BMW as well. One nice thing is both cars benefit. Especially the Supra due to the fact that it isn't an all-new engine. Since it's based on an existing platform there is already a bunch of parts out for it already. I mean the car has only been out for like a month and 550+ rwhp is possible already. I think the aftermarket is driven to spend the money on R&D to bring more products out for the car. It should be interesting. Now let's see a 1,000 hp and how streetable it is.

Definitely. I've been eyeing a B58 3 series and it's nice that all the R&D that's going on because of the Supra hoopla. Both cars will benefit.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Such as?

Vargas has had the shotgun for a while now. Expensive and not a lot of info/results with it the last I read. Spool has their new unit out. But has that been tested? Vargas says it flows less than their 4x over drivem, or whatever they call it.

I would really like to go full E85 if I keep the car (N54). If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I have the flex-fuel kit si it could be a pretty sweet set up to have all on the car.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Such as?

Vargas has had the shotgun for a while now. Expensive and not a lot of info/results with it the last I read. Spool has their new unit out. But has that been tested? Vargas says it flows less than their 4x over drivem, or whatever they call it.

I would really like to go full E85 if I keep the car (N54). If it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I have the flex-fuel kit si it could be a pretty sweet set up to have all on the car.
Everyone is starting to list the shotguns for sale now and going to the overdrives. I'm probably just going the China turbo route, quality is improving on them. I figure by the time I go to buy there will be enough people giving feedback to make a decision on it.

I want a stock turbo HP record before I take the next step though. Be quite an stretch with an XI, but it should be possible.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I remember watching an install video of a Double Barrel kit by Vargas. It was a lot of work. But I guess that comes with installing two HPFP and a second drive. The Spool OD looks compact and easy to install. I hope the longevity and reliability are there with it. Sounds like it should be good for some power. More than enough for me to run full E85 and flex-fuel.

My big issue seems to be that these things fail on the regular with the N54. I can't imagine spinning them harder is a good thing. Spool's propaganda says failures are not due to RPM, harmonics, and so on. I guess time will tell. I'm not sure I want to be the guinea pig though haha

Also, didn't the HPFP change with the N55 in the F series? So developments for the Supra might not necessarily help the N54 / early N55. But let's hope products trickle down to the N54. It is pretty incredible that the platform still has, not only a ton of support but new developments & parts being released.

Having the stock turbo record would be cool. Especially since you do all your own work and tuning. No shop built car. Go for it. Even if you only hold it for a little while, you'll still have held the record.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Stock crank...

8oi5qch.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info