Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Writing for season 3 has begun. We're still a LONG way away from it airing tho.

Atlanta has become Donald Glover’s most popular creative endeavor, and that’s saying a lot considering his music career and his roles in Community and Solo: A Star Wars Story. It takes a lot longer for him to produce a season of Atlanta though, because Glover creates, produces, cowrites and stars on the show. During his executive session for the Television Critics Association, FX CEO John Landgraf updated the progress on season 3.

“The writers are back working, thank God,” Langraf said. “Donald Glover is the king of all media and he’s had an incredibly complicated life. He’s had personal things to deal with from injuries to other things I’d rather not say publicly that have to do with his extended family.”

We’ve known about Glover’s professional multitasking, but this is the first we’ve heard of family emergencies taking time away from his work. And if Glover hasn’t chosen to share those publicly we won’t press for more details.

Landgraf always maintained he would give Glover time to produce Atlanta his way. He allowed Glover to postpone season 2 so he could film Solo.

“One thing that’s just a reality of television today is you just have to wait,” Landgraf said. “We didn’t get back on an annual cycle on Atlanta. I wish for the fans as well as for us that we could get everything back on an annual basis. You just have to make a decision about quality over quantity.”

With writing underway, filming could begin this year, but FX publicist John Solberg confirmed it couldn’t possibly qualify for Emmys, the deadline for which is May 2019.

“It won’t be for this Emmy cycle,” Solberg said.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info