Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Realize business account bill is a few days past due. Call the automated system to make a payment, like I always do.

"Thanks for calling AT&T. Please enter or say the account or phone number associated with this account."

Input acct #.

"That number was xxxxxxx, is that correct?"

Yes.

"One moment please."

"How can I help you today"

Pay my bill.

"I'm trying to find the best way to route your call."

"Is this for a cable, internet or cellular?"

I yell into the phone.

"Ok. Is this a home or business account?"

giphy.gif

Business.

"Did you say business?"

YES!

"Ok. I will connect you with the next available representative."

12 minutes later I'm making this thread. I'm canceling this garbage next month and just getting an 800 number that goes right to my cell.

Typically I'm through the automated system within 3 minutes. Apparently NOT TODAY.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Overly enthusiastic lady comes on the line. I explain to her my frustrations. She says she can take a payment...how do I want to pay?

I tell her w/ the card that has been on file for years...

"We do not show any payment info on file."

:ugh:

Give her corp card. Payment goes through. I then proceed to tell her I'll be terminating service in a month or two. She doesnt even try to convince me not to. Very nice and gives me a direct number to cancel. So....at least she was pleasant.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Like customer service or actual service?

Both, the sprint reception at the store was shit and was even worse all around 5 mile radius of the store. How do you have a store in an area that barely has cell coverage. Download speeds on LTE less than 1meg. Add on top that the reps assured my my iPhone X would transfer from at&t to sprint.....and it won’t because the chipset is slightly different. They offered to by my iPhone X for $300 and sell me a new one for full price. Yeah shit sandwiches were eaten all through the last 3 weeks. Telling you how I really feel :rofl:

If you’re going with another service, go Verizon.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Both, the sprint reception at the store was shit and was even worse all around 5 mile radius of the store. How do you have a store in an area that barely has cell coverage. Download speeds on LTE less than 1meg. Add on top that the reps assured my my iPhone X would transfer from at&t to sprint.....and it won’t because the chipset is slightly different. They offered to by my iPhone X for $300 and sell me a new one for full price. Yeah shit sandwiches were eaten all through the last 3 weeks. Telling you how I really feel :rofl:

If you’re going with another service, go Verizon.

I had Verizon when I first got a cell phone and when I bought a hotspot. Great service but just got expensive.

I'm gonna drop AT&T and go with Tmobile. Hopefully it's better for me but we'll see.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Don't you need to have xfinity internet or something? Comcast isn't even in my area. Don't know if that even matters. :dunno:

Hey dude,

Yeah, all you need is comcast internet. The mobile account is separate. Once you get the mobile account, you can cancel internet at any time (contract fee to apply if you're in one) and you still retain the mobile account and rates.

We switched from AT&T when we were paying $190 a month for two phones, one grandfathered unlimited data plan and one 10GB plan to Spring for a free year. Sprint sucked, waited for the year to expire and went to Xfinity mobile and could not be happy.

It is part of Verizon's network, so, great service, half the cost of going through Verizon direct.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Hey dude,

Yeah, all you need is comcast internet. The mobile account is separate. Once you get the mobile account, you can cancel internet at any time (contract fee to apply if you're in one) and you still retain the mobile account and rates.

We switched from AT&T when we were paying $190 a month for two phones, one grandfathered unlimited data plan and one 10GB plan to Spring for a free year. Sprint sucked, waited for the year to expire and went to Xfinity mobile and could not be happy.

It is part of Verizon's network, so, great service, half the cost of going through Verizon direct.

Will have to check that out. I'd have to see if they can even sign me up since my area isn't even serviced with Comcast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info