At least one injured in motorcycle crash in Elk Grove Village

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
An Elk Grove Village motorcyclist was injured early Tuesday after a pick-up truck turned in front of him on the Biesterfield Road bridge over I-290.

Salvatore Scianna, 36, was heading east through the stop light on Biesterfield at the southbound I-290 intersection, when the pick-up turned left onto southbound I-290 in front of him, said Sgt. Nick Olsen of the Elk Grove Village Police Department.

Scianna suffered a serious leg injury in the crash at 6:17 a.m., Olsen said, and was taken from the scene to Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village.

Charges are pending for the pick-up driver, Dennis Milliken, 56, also of Elk Grove Village, Olsen said. He said the accident remains under investigation.

Both eastbound lanes and one westbound lane of Biesterfield were shut down for about 2½ hours following the crash, Olsen said. They were reopened about 8:45 a.m.

:fu:

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
another accident

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/09/man-struck-by-motorcycle-in-hit-and-run.html

Man struck by motorcycle in hit-run on NW Side
September 13, 2010 10:27 PM | No Comments | UPDATED STORY
A man was seriously injured this evening when struck by a motorcycle in a hit-and-run accident in the Avondale neighborhood on the city's Northwest Side, police said.

The victim, who is in his late 50s, was struck by the motorcycle at 5:44 p.m. on the 3200 block of North Milwaukee Avenue, said Police News Affairs Officer Darryl Baety.

The man suffered a fractured wrist and chest injuries, and was taken in serious condition to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Baety said, and added that the victim was disoriented and had suffered memory loss.

Further information was not immediately available.

It sucks to hear stories like this. The sad thing is that most of the accidents that bikers are involved in with cars it's the driver of the cars fault because they don't know how to pay attention to bikers on the road. Yet people will completely overlook the numerous articles like these and then when one pops up about a biker getting hurt messing around they'll say that all bikers are reckless and drive dangerously.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
And just to clarify, i am referring to the people that make the bad decisions, like cutting off a bike or turning out in front of one. Bikers are dumb too, but it's def the people in the cars that cause most of the accidents IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info