Netflix Army of the Dead

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just watched. I enjoyed it. Its your typical Snyder affair, so you know what to expect. If you're tired of the typical zombie tropes this doesnt do much to reinvent the genre, except for one thing that I'm not really sure what they were trying to go for... which I will use spoiler tags for

Why make that zombie bitch pregnant? What was the point of that? Was that zombie fetus gonna grow into some kinda super zombie? Was Snyder actually trying to give us motivation for why the zombie king was on a rampage? Other than he was a fucking zombie king?? That made no sense to me

Other than that, lots of action, lots of blood...................so. so much blood. And if I didnt' already know that Tig Notaro was green screened into the movie completely after the fact, I probably would have never noticed. Shoulda been her all along anyways.

Reactions: dun4791

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm not a fan. Hoped for better. Plot holes big enough to drive a truck through.

Another movie ruined by talk and feelings, feelings, feelings during what should be an action movie. People making moves so dumb a child would not make them. If this was my team, I'd shoot them myself for how stupid most of them were. Could have been a fantastic Italian Job style movie but it turned out to be a worry about the wokeness and fuck the plot movie.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Mookie pushing me to try new things... let me try this spoiler thingie

I love zombie movies and the trailer showed great promise. But the story lines suck bad. In the end they went through all this trouble to get an alpha zombie sample? That was always possible. They did say the zombi sample was worth more than money, I'd allow that.

The story about Geeta going in to grab some money, hmmm why wouldn't the Coyote chick just do that since she was good at it.

I agree pregnant zombies is a stretch, but it was a little different.

The helicopter on the roof, so convenient. Catches fire twice but still runs good, oh okay.

I didn't mind the tiger, that was entertaining.

The zombies hibernating in the room, oh okay.

I had to fast forward thru some scenes. Could have been way better.

Reactions: Aircal

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah,

The company guy, the coyote and the bait are all that is needed to get the Alpha head. They saw the Alpha at the start of the movie. Could have bagged and tagged her then if they didn't have a big team of inessential people on an inessential mission in their way. No billionaire bad guy is going to say let's set up this really complicated plan when a simpler one will work better. Writers did a poor job on this movie. It could have been great if they added good plot to the good zombie special effects. Dave Bautista isn't the world's greatest actor, either. I can think of better actors for the role.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Yeah FLyn, 100%, they could have been in and out. Company guy and coyote already had a side arrangement. What would have made this movie better was if they were going for the head of the first zombie, and the vault was empty. If they were going for the original zombie the story would play better. I'll take it a step further, what if the orig zombie was still able to talk... don't hate that either. And the evidence that prior crews had tried to get the money.. So that had been a past plan? It was confusing but again not in a good way.

Bautista wasn't great, but I'm open to some of that just do his lines. His character was too wimpy for me.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
The cars at the beginning, it was like a g'damn FnF movie, old Porsche, mint low riders, nice 1st gen Camaro... That was an immediate red flag for me. And that one guy who is out once he finds out the mission... He just leaves... What? I expected him to get shot... I know that's another trope but it would have been better than him uh... just leaving.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
God I'm glad it just wasn't me. And I KNEW it wasn't my tv either, because they'd be there in some shots, but not in others

THAT was the most annoying thing about this movie. Cuz once you see them, you don't unsee them. But the consensus is that it might not have been a Snyder issue, but a Netflix issue. Some people were reporting that they only showed up in the 4K streams of the movie. Either way, just glad I wasn't going crazy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info