Are you preparing for the collapse of society?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sheltering in place, or going fishing because no one is going to fuck with a dude on a canoe in the middle of the lake being oblivious to the world.

bugging out to somewhere remote, that isn’t your property, is prob a dog shit idea. You’re an outsider, sticking out like a sore thumb in a community that’s expecting people to flee more urban areas and with lots of deer rifles.

agreed... and THEM BOOYSSS know that country and chances are "you" don't.

is it wrong i wanna wind up on a boat somewhere hiding?

fish, fresh water, just park the bitch and float and not go anywhere

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My biggest concern is social unrest.

If I saw shit like the riots that were happening in Minneapolis happening close to me like maybe Schaumburg is when it would be time to bug out of I had a place to go to. At this time though it would be bugging in and waiting it out.

i mean fuck man weren't we basically there last summer?

i remember plenty of #tcgtacticalmembers WISHIN SOMEBUDDDY WOOD last year during all the riots

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Sheltering in place, or going fishing because no one is going to fuck with a dude on a canoe in the middle of the lake being oblivious to the world.

bugging out to somewhere remote, that isn’t your property, is prob a dog shit idea. You’re an outsider, sticking out like a sore thumb in a community that’s expecting people to flee more urban areas and with lots of deer rifles.

Yeah, in an ideal scenario you would already have the land and know the area and people so you're not in that situation....

I assume if Outlaw Outlaw said "fuck this, Im out of here shit went sideways" he would fit in just fine up at his property because he already has it and knows the area and people.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, in an ideal scenario you would already have the land and know the area and people so you're not in that situation....

I assume if Outlaw Outlaw said "fuck this, Im out of here shit went sideways" he would fit in just fine up at his property because he already has it and knows the area and people.

i have a feeling Outlaw Outlaw likely has said that, and done that before today, a couple of times :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
i mean fuck man weren't we basically there last summer?

i remember plenty of #tcgtacticalmembers WISHIN SOMEBUDDDY WOOD last year during all the riots

IT wasnt Minneapolis bad here, like if people started torching the Streets of Woodfield, thats a little too close for comfort for me and if I had someplace further out I could go to I would for sure.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
IT wasnt Minneapolis bad here, like if people started torching the Streets of Woodfield, thats a little too close for comfort for me and if I had someplace further out I could go to I would for sure.

it was that bad downtown though? i mean fuck they were leaving bridges open and parking plow trucks to block streets.

we had stores we serviced completely GUTTTTED like not just the products they were selling but fucking shelving units and displays too :rofl:

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
it was that bad downtown though? i mean fuck they were leaving bridges open and parking plow trucks to block streets.

we had stores we serviced completely GUTTTTED like not just the products they were selling but fucking shelving units and displays too :rofl:

Oh it was bad downtown but thats still far enough away that I wasnt too worried.....

I think there's a line between being prepared, and being a doomsday prepper though.

I really do need to learn more skills though and also work to be better prepared.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
okay but then hypothetically like, even if you were fully prepared, what's your "trigger" to go
That's it, there is not a single "time to go" sign.

If its a slow collapse.... Stores/inventory start to go low....people get more desperate and crime will show it. Just be aware and you'll see those signs.

Natural disasters for this area are not slow growing like a hurricane, its usually "wham bam bye bye house yet the neighbors are fine" so there aren't signs for that other then "hey, its bad weather, have a bag with food and supplies for a few days."

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
agreed... and THEM BOOYSSS know that country and chances are "you" don't.

is it wrong i wanna wind up on a boat somewhere hiding?

fish, fresh water, just park the bitch and float and not go anywhere
If you can keep it going, a boat isn't a bad option. Especially if the world tilts, but better have a fucking ark to handle the floating wreckage hitting you.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

It wasn’t that bad. I lived in the city for all this, watched protests pass my place, local stores looted a block away. As an individual you had nothing to worry about IMO. Never felt unsafe for even a minute. Also, didn’t go out and start antagonizing people or snooping around what was going on. Did my thing at home, went to work every day and shopped in the burbs for a couple weeks.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
fuck we should just have a preppers section that's hidden from publik/new members hmmmm

maybe convert Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat's useless area that doesn't see any action to aliens/PREPPER MOTHERFUCKERS
Gotta prep for the invasion

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It wasn’t that bad. I lived in the city for all this, watched protests pass my place, local stores looted a block away. As an individual you had nothing to worry about IMO. Never felt unsafe for even a minute. Also, didn’t go out and start antagonizing people or snooping around what was going on. Did my thing at home, went to work every day and shopped in the burbs for a couple weeks.

fuck man i had friends straight up move out of the city cuz of the shit that went down :rofl:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The “when” to bug out is an interesting discussion Yaj Yak Yaj Yak.

For me, it is when the police can no longer keep an area from mass chaos, or the existing infrastructure can no longer support myself/wife. I would be heading straight into the mountains on my side by side and wouldn’t look back.

my bug out plan is minimalist. Guns, fishing/survival gear, and a tent. Food, water, shelter are the only priorities I would hit on initially. I can build or trouble shoot accordingly from there. I would realize that straight roughing it is all I would be able to maintain.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The “when” to bug out is an interesting discussion Yaj Yak Yaj Yak.

For me, it is when the police can no longer keep an area from mass chaos, or the existing infrastructure can no longer support myself/wife. I would be heading straight into the mountains on my side by side and wouldn’t look back.

my bug out plan is minimalist. Guns, fishing/survival gear, and a tent. Food, water, shelter are the only priorities I would hit on initially. I can build or trouble shoot accordingly from there. I would realize that straight roughing it is all I would be able to maintain.

what's gnarly to think about is like when does that happen when do you bail?

i mean kenosha, which is close as fuck to a whole bunch of members on here, was at the point of mass chaos last summer also. do you leave day one ? or when all of a sudden your neighborhood is targetted do you try to get out?

i think yeah, this is an interesting point because last year really had me thinking between the riots or when all the "lockdowns" went down... all of a sudden you had people posting pics of train cars with military vehicles and then posting MARTIAL LAW IS COMING TO MYCOMFYWHITESUBURB THIS WEEKEENENDNDNDd!!1

and fuck, what if it was? was the time to get out when you saw the train? it of course didn't and of course that likely won't (hopefully?) happen but what is the OH FUCK TIME TO BOUNCE trigger

Reactions: SleeperLS

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
i have a feeling Outlaw Outlaw likely has said that, and done that before today, a couple of times :rofl:

I did solo for five days last week lol. I know everyone. My two neighbors are retired military turned mechanic and a fur trapper/ hunting guide. I bring the (minimal) AG background as well as being okayish at most things.

Reactions: FESTER665
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info