Are you preparing for the collapse of society?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I must have read some random news article months back about global warming or doomsday prepping, because since then, my Google needs feed (in between gaming and movie/tv news) has been populated with nothing but climate change and now, the collapse of society being inevitable in our lifetime. Climate change aside (most of you know my thoughts on this and vice versa), your thoughts on the impending collapse of the human race?

Hoping to actually keep this a focused discussion for at least a few pages.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Lord Tin Foilhat Lord Tin Foilhat

giphy.gif

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012

I watched this today on YouTube . It made me think .

I feel if American society collapses it will be all about survival . Groups will gather and become bonded to survive . It will be a dog eat dog world . Luckily humans have already learned how to survive and we have the abilities and more knowledge than ever before . Unlike way back then when we were very primitive as a whole and had to learn as we go .

I personally don’t think humans will go extinct unless a gigantic volcano erupts and depletes all the oxygen and we suffocate . Or there is a nuclear war so bad that we all perish .

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Depends.

Based on our neighbor solar systems and planets in ours, things are bound to get more interesting weather/Earth extreme weather wise. How extreme, nobody knows. Personally I am not relying on the grid or stores being here in the future and that's what I am basing my prep off of.

And that's not even getting into politics. That can go any which way. I don't focus on the human controlled things as much as nature and visual data driven events.

All it will take is one solar flare big enough from the sun and bye bye modern age, welcome back stone/bronze age.

Earth pole flip won't be as terrible if the sun doesn't wipe out electronics. Easier to survive massive weather swings and flooding with modern tech.

Reactions: Eagle and Spivitz

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
Wife and I were talking about the worlds reliance on computer tech now. Solar flare or EMP would drop us back to the bronze age and I don't think most people would be able to survive. So many of the trades have become reliant on technology as well and it seems like craftmanship is fast becoming a lost art. I've thought of trying to get hold of some survival stuff like books on how to live off the land and basic tools and teaching my daughter this stuff, but so far still reliant on Walmart and Amazon.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Know how to hunt and fish, buy a good supply of rice. You're golden. Plenty of resources on the planet, just need to know where they are and how to get them.
And knowledge! Books! Hopefully it doesn't get bad to where you lose everything. If electric and computers gone, makes things 100000x easier to pick up a book that has pictures of all the plants and how to grow in all seasons.

Reactions: HeavyG

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Already doing some mild prepping, have a few “Oh shit” bags along with a bug out bag already stocked, have a second position/rally point for the family and an assignment there. One bag needs a few items shoved in and the others are just grab the handles and haul ass. If I had more storage space I’d be more prepped.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Rocket stoves are awesome to conserve wood and you can build/make them out of cinder blocks, bricks gallon paint cans...Bunch of salt to preserve meat old school way. Dried beans, rice, lentils, seeds and nuts. Water is the biggest factor though.

Reactions: Eagle

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
There will be a mass die off at some point in written human history. Could be tomorrow, could be in 500 years when we still haven't figured out how to stop worrying about dumb shit and figure out the stars. That's the least of "our" worries though.

What's more likely to happen is something resembling the Bosnian crisis and/or Yugoslavia within our lifetime. The balkanization of America is happening before our eyes (people "fleeing" states because they don't agree with X, Y, Z regardless of political spectrum).

Stay strapped or get clapped (and know basic marksmanship). Have a bike readily available when gas/electricity stop flowing. Know basic survival skills like starting a fire and identifying plants. Blessed are the (pre-woke) Boy Scouts, for they shall inherit the Earth.

Lone wolves will not last long. Groups are critical to survival.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info