• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Are S197 Extinct?

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I've seen a few fast 3v's at Byron. There is a guy with a black I believe vert. I know it's got a Kenne Bell on it. It moves quite well. Not sure if he is on here.

I think a lot of guys bought it because they had the retro look but never did anything to them. But I dunno

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Got a Vortech Supercharged 3V. Hoping to hit 12's this weekend.

Haha good one!

Not sure why people think they are "slow".

There are 3V's making 1000+whp. Making S197's hook is no different in a 3v vs 5.0.

I believe the worlds fastest S197 is still a 3v. Unless that has changed recently.

The reason people hate is because 5.0s go mid 11s with bolt-ons. 3vs dont touch that with FI.

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
The 3V is the best Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge car Chrysler ever built period. To get that high HP you have to do so much to the motor and loose so much street ability. Springs, Phasers, Lockouts, Billet everything like the oil pump. and don't even think your going to put that through a 5R55S. Not gonna happen

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info