3800 are PEM's worth it?

i had my PEM's installed last week(thanks Ron V.!) and i am completely satisfied.
even though i cannot find 100 octane around here anymore :angry: i have noticed my gas mileage went up and it seems to pull stronger in the higher RPM range..although i did have 1.75 Gen 0ne rockers installed at the same time too.
my PEM's are uncoated Pector pems with a wrapped crossover. . i wasnt willing to spend $600-800 for a set of headers. . and with PEM's, i can always upgrade to a turbo set-up :D . im not at all sorry i got them. do your homework and decide which ones to go with.. keep in mind the wrapped PEM's have a funky smell for the first few hundred or so miles, and the ceramic coated ones are supposed to dissipate heat more effectively. (thats open for argument) headers would likely be better if you decided to do heavy mods later on.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Nov 20 2005, 11:10 AM
How many people have bought PEM's and wished they'd have gotten headers?  basically im wondering whether to go the cheap route, or get the headers after the winter.
[snapback]104340[/snapback]​

A nice set of PEMs is totally worth it and very doable for a modder w/average mech skills.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Nov 21 2005, 08:26 PM
I was disappointed when I went from "MY" front ported header/ONLY to TOG headers, and still not sure i'm satisfied..
[snapback]104475[/snapback]​

i think once u go past mid 12's you have to go tog's or go turbo
and pem's you can go turbo, pretty much depends on what your trying to do i guess, list what Et's your trying to hit or horsepower you wnat and that will decide

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 22 2005, 02:32 PM
How much louder will pems make the car? I already have the James Dean exhaust, u bend delete and downpipe. Will the pems make the car much louder? I don't really wanna be any louder than what I currently am.
[snapback]104580[/snapback]​
Whatever volume difference there may be, it's nominal. You'd never be able to tell.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 22 2005, 02:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-frankenstinesy
@Nov 22 2005, 02:32 PM
How much louder will pems make the car? I already have the James Dean exhaust, u bend delete and downpipe. Will the pems make the car much louder? I don't really wanna be any louder than what I currently am.
Whatever volume difference there may be, it's nominal. You'd never be able to tell.
[snapback]104583[/snapback]​
[/b]
true that! :)

Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 22 2005, 03:32 PM

i dont think the PEMs made a bit of difference in sound..
my resonator and Ubend are gone, i think that removing the resonator made the biggest difference in sound.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info