• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

are PEM's worth it?

GTPquickRB

Reaction score
How many people have bought PEM's and wished they'd have gotten headers? basically im wondering whether to go the cheap route, or get the headers after the winter.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
PEMs sure are worth it..

i only bought headers because i was getting them for $145 off the new price... even though they were NIB

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
i had my PEM's installed last week(thanks Ron V.!) and i am completely satisfied.
even though i cannot find 100 octane around here anymore :angry: i have noticed my gas mileage went up and it seems to pull stronger in the higher RPM range..although i did have 1.75 Gen 0ne rockers installed at the same time too.
my PEM's are uncoated Pector pems with a wrapped crossover. . i wasnt willing to spend $600-800 for a set of headers. . and with PEM's, i can always upgrade to a turbo set-up :D . im not at all sorry i got them. do your homework and decide which ones to go with.. keep in mind the wrapped PEM's have a funky smell for the first few hundred or so miles, and the ceramic coated ones are supposed to dissipate heat more effectively. (thats open for argument) headers would likely be better if you decided to do heavy mods later on.

GTPquickRB

Reaction score
i wanna hit 12's and intercool it. it is worth it to get headers fro any airflow reasons?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Nov 21 2005, 12:04 PM
i wanna hit 12's and intercool it.  it is worth it to get headers fro any airflow reasons?
[snapback]104402[/snapback]​
high 12's are possible,im running them and im going to be pretty close to 12's soon

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Nov 20 2005, 11:10 AM
How many people have bought PEM's and wished they'd have gotten headers?  basically im wondering whether to go the cheap route, or get the headers after the winter.
[snapback]104340[/snapback]​

A nice set of PEMs is totally worth it and very doable for a modder w/average mech skills.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
I was disappointed when I went from "MY" front ported header/ONLY to TOG headers, and still not sure i'm satisfied..

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Nov 21 2005, 08:26 PM
I was disappointed when I went from "MY" front ported header/ONLY to TOG headers, and still not sure i'm satisfied..
[snapback]104475[/snapback]​
i think once u go past mid 12's you have to go tog's or go turbo
and pem's you can go turbo, pretty much depends on what your trying to do i guess, list what Et's your trying to hit or horsepower you wnat and that will decide

Ten32

Reaction score
Originally posted by smknL67@Nov 22 2005, 10:53 AM
ported exhaust manifolds P.e.m's....its a port job on stock manifolds pretty much
[snapback]104550[/snapback]​
Thanks! I assume it's relatively inexpensive, at least compared to headers?

frankenstinesy

Reaction score
How much louder will pems make the car? I already have the James Dean exhaust, u bend delete and downpipe. Will the pems make the car much louder? I don't really wanna be any louder than what I currently am.

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
I think it'll increase the loudness just a bit but it'll also give it a deeper tone.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 22 2005, 02:32 PM
How much louder will pems make the car? I already have the James Dean exhaust, u bend delete and downpipe. Will the pems make the car much louder? I don't really wanna be any louder than what I currently am.
[snapback]104580[/snapback]​
Whatever volume difference there may be, it's nominal. You'd never be able to tell.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 22 2005, 02:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-frankenstinesy
@Nov 22 2005, 02:32 PM
Whatever volume difference there may be, it's nominal. You'd never be able to tell.
[snapback]104583[/snapback]​
[/b]
true that! :)

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 22 2005, 03:32 PM

i dont think the PEMs made a bit of difference in sound..
my resonator and Ubend are gone, i think that removing the resonator made the biggest difference in sound.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom