• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Are Chinese copies of filters a thing?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
amazon definitely has a counterfeit goods problem and its getting worse. Ironically they just announced this initiative:

Except there’s still going to be 70 Pgotjko, Tuoilfg, Xongjpt brands selling the same single widget with “900” “verified” reviews.

Never have and never will buy anything car-related off Amazon, regardless if it comes out of the same factory as the part from Rock Auto or Autozone for $5 more+tax.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
My entire fleet is maintenenced with filters and oils from Amazon

Bored Kristen Wiig GIF

Reactions: Jon01

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I bought one filter from rock Auto (box on the left) and two others from eBay which ended up coming from someplace in China. The china boxes are a bit different sized, and the filters are not plastic wrapped individually like the rockauto version. Are these actual Ford products? View attachment 125850

View attachment 125851

Well fuck. I just ordered some Castrol 5w-50 and Motorcraft filters recently from Amazon. I too thought the packaging of the filters looked odd. Now I’ll have to compare to the filter I bought from Advanced Auto.

Thanks for bringing this up despite the off topic shit show that others started.

Reactions: GTPpower

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
No it's probably that marketing determined that they should get rid of the Ecocore nomenclature After the disasters roll out and Failures/recalls early on..... From what I recall the cost savings was per filter I doubt they got rid of the technology.

I also kind of think it's a little bit of greenwashing as it's not an ecology safe or better component.... it's an economical component....

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Except there’s still going to be 70 Pgotjko, Tuoilfg, Xongjpt brands selling the same single widget with “900” “verified” reviews.

Never have and never will buy anything car-related off Amazon, regardless if it comes out of the same factory as the part from Rock Auto or Autozone for $5 more+tax.

yep, and if you post a legitimate review, with pictures and proof you were sold a fake, you may find your review was mysteriously removed. The "verified" reviews are OK. Odd how that works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info