Netflix Arcane: League of Legends Animated Series

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, its airing on Netflix now, and not in the usual binge format, 1 episode per week.

Watched the first episode tonight. I don't play LoL, but I've always admired the cinematic trailers. The animators put so much life into the characters with very few words, its all mannerisms and faces. And the same animators are doing this show. Their skill definitely comes through.

First episode is mostly setup stuff, not sure how many episodes total in this season. But I enjoyed it a lot and will keep on watching.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Watched the next 3. Final 3 release on Nov 20th.

The last 3 were even better than the first 3. Its like 3 movies split into 3 parts each. Each 3 episodes cover an arc. Arc 2 is phenomenal. Can't wait will the 20th.

I'm really impressed with this series. Netflix is doing good with this.

Its apparently killing it from both RT and Audience.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 7.50.59 PM.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
While I wait for the 20th to get the final 3, I'm really enjoying the score and soundtrack. They even used the "Get Jinxed" song from the animated short a few years ago as a light motif for Powder/Jinx. I didn't catch it at first till I watched the music video again.

I will own this entire series on 4K BR if it ever gets released. This is as good as anything Pixar has ever done, and I'm not saying that to cheapen Pixar's work, but to find a way to demonstrate just how much this show excels. Its amazing.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Finished it up this morning before I swapped the Winter tires on to the Focus. Act 3 is good, but to me feels a bit rushed compared to the phonomenal story telling of Act 1 and 2. They could have stretched it out 1 more episode, or cut some of the background story for some of the minor characters, leaving them for season 2.

Acts 1 and 2 are heavily focused on Powder and Vi. And it didn't quite feel to me like there was enough time to finish their story out.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yep. Far as I can tell, unlike Dune, Riot green lit season 2 before season 1 finished airing.

based on all of the previous LoL cinematics I had hopes for this series, and Riot 100% delivered.

it’s fantastically written, voiced, and beautifully animated.

Trying to avoid huge spoilers here.

That scene near the end or ep8 with the shower, and later at the end when Jinx brings out the cup cake under the lid was nail biting, even though I know Caitlin is a major character and wouldn’t be killed. But still, damn.

Reactions: Mook

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Seriously. If you have not gotten to the finale yet, do not click on that spoiler. I’m tempted to delete it because that scene has a huge impact that would be ruined if you know how it plays out.

also, Non-spoiler here. Vi is voiced by Hailee Stanfield. Aka, Hawkeyes sidekick, as well as Spider-Gwen from Spider-verse. I think she definitely has talent as a voice actor. She was also in Bumblebee, and Ender’s Game.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I really can't sing enough praises for this show. I really only had the one minor nit-pick, and it doesn't diminish the accomplishment as a whole.

I love pretty much every aspect of it. From the heart rending story and performances, the stunning animation, and incredible music selection.

The entire show feels polished, like a labor of love. I only hope that the success of this season doesn't diminish season 2. Season 2 doesn't need to better, they just need to keep up the same quality.

Thread Info