AR15 - The Giant .458 Socom

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I legit was just looking at a socom upper like an hour ago, I want to build another ar

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yep. I contemplated a big-bore AR. Then realized that ammo is stupid expensive and I may as well buy a .338 Lapua gun if I want to spend obscene amounts of money on ammo.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't shoot my ar's much but love odd ball guns, I think I'm just going to buy a couple more lowers and let them sit while I figure out what to make them

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I want to do a 450 Bushmaster AR pistol to skirt the hunting regs in IL; Here's how I'd do it:

-Make a screw in mag block that I can semi permanently attach so it's single shot.
-Straight walled cartridges of any length are legal from a single shot or revolver

Welcome to politically incorrect deer hunting in IL.

Besides that, something I'd point out is these aren't bad to shoot if you've got brass to reload and cast your own bullets. You're not going to make a million of em anyways, but with Powder Coat and lead I could do it for under a quarter a shot. A lb of lead doesn't go far (20ish bullets a pound) but hey it's not that out there really and considering I was paying a buck a pound that's a nickel a bullet.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I had a good time building and learning about the AR I just finished up. Now i'm contemplating an AR pistol 300 blackout but want to get to the range before then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom