AR Pistol

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a AR pistol. I don't know much about them so im hoping i can get some recommendations from you guys. Not trying to break the bank on this purchase so i would like to stay in the 6-700ish range. I guess Chicago doesnt want me to own a AR lol so I will start here. Not that I give a shit what Chicago thinks but whatever. I understand you get what you pay for but i dont see why i cant get something decent at that price point. So basically if you guys can give me some brands to check out or stay away from?

Thanks

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
whoa hold on there buddy! first why don't you explain to everybody why you even need a tactical assault pistol huh??

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on a ton of rounds through this? JMO you may be better to consider 300 blk due performance and timing reasons.

Some hints for a build:

If you have a receiver that's not logged in as a rifle "e.g. pistol or "other" in the dealer's log book and it's never been fitted to a long barreled upper you can build a pistol out of it. DO NOT fit a rifle with a pistol upper as that's an SBR. In fact if you have a long barreled AR upper do not buy the short barreled upper parts until you purchase a pistol lower first. This falls under the legalities of constructive intent which are murky at best.

If you're interested in a build out I am happy to throw a sheet together for it. I have a couple spreadsheets from my last builds that I could possibly work into something for you.

Palmetto State Armory has a few complete AR pistols that fall within this range. You may look there. Also what about an alternative such as an SU-16 or Mini-14?

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on a ton of rounds through this? JMO you may be better to consider 300 blk due performance and timing reasons.

Some hints for a build:

If you have a receiver that's not logged in as a rifle "e.g. pistol or "other" in the dealer's log book and it's never been fitted to a long barreled upper you can build a pistol out of it. DO NOT fit a rifle with a pistol upper as that's an SBR. In fact if you have a long barreled AR upper do not buy the short barreled upper parts until you purchase a pistol lower first. This falls under the legalities of constructive intent which are murky at best.

If you're interested in a build out I am happy to throw a sheet together for it. I have a couple spreadsheets from my last builds that I could possibly work into something for you.

Palmetto State Armory has a few complete AR pistols that fall within this range. You may look there. Also what about an alternative such as an SU-16 or Mini-14?

Not to say I couldn't build one but id rather buy one that's already built and tested. I will look into those other rifles as I'm not familiar with them. Thanks

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Stay away from anything Inter Ordnance or Advanced Tactical Imports.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
whoa hold on there buddy! first why don't you explain to everybody why you even need a tactical assault pistol huh??
Cause a 9MM glock with a 33 round mag is too mainstream. :hsughlol:

Id just do what Jokerz says.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
I "built" 2. PSA 10.5" CHF FN barrelled on PSA lower. Best barrelled upper for the money.. FN barrels are some of the best at any price.

Other is a Knights SR15 11.5" Mlok cqb on a knights lower.

Both are fun shooters, slight price difference.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
So when buying parts what can and cant i ship directly to my house ?

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
You can only ship lowers and completed lowers to FFL. Everything else including ammo you can ship to your house.

Its really easy if you buy a completed lower, upper, bolt carrier, and charge handle. The whole thing goes together with two pins.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but it seems a bit high to me for what you're getting? Not much though. Don't forget you'll have to throw $100ish on top of that for some sights probably.

muskie

Reaction score
So when buying parts what can and cant i ship directly to my house ?
Good luck finding vendors to ship to a Chicago address. I had a hard time when I built mine.

PSA flat out refused. Many other sites had restrictions on what items they would ship. For example, some wouldnt ship flash hiders, stocks, magazines, grips but would ship barrels and uppers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom