🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Any deals on robots
Do it by hand, its quicker, cheaper and does a better job imo. In 20 years of owning a pool, I've had all of them that were like $500 or less.
None of them lasted more than a few seasons at most, they take a couple of hours to vacuum and they didnt do that great of a job. The Wife or I vacuum once a week, sometimes twice if a lot of people came over and used the pool. It takes 20 minutes tops to do it. I've heard they are worth their weight in gold for ingrounds though.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I have an electric that i leave in the pool most of the time during the summer....p.s. i have a 10 foot deep in groun d

-Pros

- Always is moving, always atleast blwoing the shit around so the filter can do its job
-Gets majority of the stuff, but need to spot vacuum alot

Cons-
Cord is ALWAYS getting tangled and nasty
-Doesn't ALWAYS clean the bottom

Overall I do love it though, its positive out weigh the negative.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Last year my FIL paid me to to go to pools and just run a brush over them, take out leaves, clean out the debris traps in the system and clean the robots for the pools. He says the same about the robot cleaners. They do a decent job keeping it generally clean but will still need to run a brush over everything and net any leaves and debris.

Reactions: Shawn1112

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Since I have the pool cage, I may have better luck with a robo vac.
With a cage you should only see very little amount of debris in the pool, mostly on windy days .

I have a pool vac and I use it 2-3 times a year at the most, biggest reason the palm trees around my cage and the dried up areas on the palms gets shaved like with screens and goes in the pool.

Not worth a robo vac.

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Variable speed pump and salt water chlorine generator installed. So new, so pretty. Now I just need water. LOL

20230512_160631.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I turned the new pump on and the pool water is now brown. 7 months of crap sitting in the lines. I should have backwashed it out the filter drain hole. I'm running the filter at top speed to get the brown out of the water and will be adding a mega dose of muriatic acid to get the PH down. pool guy says in a few days I can add and use chlorine for a month and then switch over to salt.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Can’t get a leaf vac guy appointment scheduled because the guy is booked solid for the next two months so going to try to rig up the shop vac and see what happens.
I used to have a shop vac you could hook a hose up too and it would drain water out as you filled it one of those would be perfect for cleaning a pool

Reactions: Z28Camaro

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
That’s not to warm especially for Florida?
just warm enough but still cool to enjoy and cool down.

Last summer the kids turned the temp to 104* and the pool was like a hot tub, it was way to warm and you felt it afterwards.

I try to keep the temp around 90-92 if possible, making night swimming enjoyable.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I used to have a shop vac you could hook a hose up too and it would drain water out as you filled it one of those would be perfect for cleaning a pool
I have a 120V pump made by rigid that attaches to the drain of the shop vac and I can pump the shit water away where I don’t have to smell it. I have some disposable wet dry bags that fill the whole canister to catch the debris so I am hoping this will get the majority of the acorns and shit off the bottom. I’ll post some pics of the whole contraption this weekend when I set it up.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I have clear water!!! Now, if the stupid contractor could stop dropping clarifier and chlorine in, I could balance my chemicals properly. Actually I'm pretty close now. I think he added too much clarifier so I need to test for that when my Taylor kit gets to me tomorrow.

20230523_174519.jpg

Thread Info