🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've got that frogger mineral pack/chlorine pack setup. Easiest fucking thing in the world, just test the pool every couple of days (test strip) to make sure everything is good. About once a month pop the cap on the frogger and swap out the chlorine pack and every 3 months the mineral pack. Vacuuming is the only thing that sucks maintenance wise.
Yup, I have something very similar. But I still use a chlorine floater as well.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my pool has a retractable cover.
last night the 1.5 inches of rain in under an hour, fucked me.
i have two pumps on it normally that get water off, i was using hoses attached to them to get the water away, and then over the winter the ends of the hoses froze in the snow and the pumps couldn't do their dealio.
so i got these pieces that "shoot" the water off. well all that fucking rain last night, got ahead of my pumps and started to drown them... if the hoses were on they could have kept chugging but because it was the shooters they were fucked, coupled with how much rain came down so quickly. it was fucking nuts.
this is what i looked out and saw... lil buddy just tryin' his nuts off to stay above water.

View attachment 120747

when i got out there:

View attachment 120748

View attachment 120749

throwing all i got at it

View attachment 120750

don't mind me just doin' the thing where i talk to myself... dunno how the fuck i didn't think to get a discharge hose instead already.

1653577924532.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Any of you guys do a salt water pool instead of the chlorine?
No, but went to help my guy get his brand new pool up and going last night, they are using some oxygen system. American Sales totally took advantage of them. Long story short on him, did right around 20yrs for murder been home like 7yrs and is doing good for himself. Union job, married and they bought a house. So with that said, he isnt the smartest as he has spent half his life in prison. So I was kinda pissed at him yesterday, asked him why didnt he ask me before you bought the pool and I would have steered you in the right direction. MFer, Ive known you over 30yrs and you know I have had a pool for 20yrs.....smfh. He has one of those high maintenance trophy wifes. So it turns out he was going to ask me but she told him fuck that we are going to talk to professional, Shawn isnt a professional. Your right, that I am not, but I wouldn't have let the 2 of you get bent over with no kiss or lube.

American Sales totally upsold them on everything and anything. They are using this oxygen system thats similar to a chlorine set up but uses peroxide instead of chlorine. Has a few other chemicals needed that you dont use with chlorine. I asked them why the fuck you get this shit, she has 2 daughters that are mixed, half black/half rican. She said because of their hair and chlorine burns your eyes. I told her, well my niece is half black and has that black girl hair, swam in my pool for 10-12yrs and never had an issue, and not having your PH in check is what causes your eyes to burn. She said the saleswoman told her chlorine would fuck their hair up and burn their eyes, I asked was she black or did she have mixed kids, nope white AF lol. Upsold them on an automatic pool cleaner and a $750 ladder than was not needed. He tried assembling the ladder while drinking the other night. Asks me to help him finish it, I took one look at the instructions and one look at what he did. Told him take it apart and I'll come back Sunday with real tools and we need to completely start over. She tells me, can we do it now it only takes 10 minutes to put together, I asked her who told her that, again the saleswoman lmmfao. I told her, then tell that bitch to come over and show me how it goes together in 10 minutes. Even though they sold them this fancy automatic vacuum, they still charged them for the normal vacuum head and hose lmmfao.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i love my Mr. Pool Roomba. That's all I can contribute.
Ive had multiple auto cleaners over the years. They seem to always take a shit within a year after purchase when their is no warranty left. I've had cheap ones and pricey ones. Doing it by hand literally takes one of us 10-15 min so no biggie. Yours, I would definitely want something that does it for me. Yours probably goes up and down the walls as well

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ive had multiple auto cleaners over the years. They seem to always take a shit within a year after purchase when their is no warranty left. I've had cheap ones and pricey ones. Doing it by hand literally takes one of us 10-15 min so no biggie. Yours, I would definitely want something that does it for me. Yours probably goes up and down the walls as well

it does go up and down the walls. i basically leave the thing in the water right now and just push the button when walking by randomly.

im not sure i know how to do it by hand :rofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
My FIL does pools on the side. He also maintains the pools for a school district and building maintenance for work. I’ve been helping him with the side jobs and man… pool Shit is expensive and some of the pool cleaning robots are crazy. I helped him get one up and running that climbs the sides and pushes up to the very edge of the pool and cleans it all.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My FIL does pools on the side. He also maintains the pools for a school district and building maintenance for work. I’ve been helping him with the side jobs and man… pool Shit is expensive and some of the pool cleaning robots are crazy. I helped him get one up and running that climbs the sides and pushes up to the very edge of the pool and cleans it all.
Chemicals are way up this year like everything else in this world. We usually spend $250-$275 when we open the pool and that gets us thru the season for the most part. Spent $396 last week and thats not including chlorine. I have enough from last year as I stocked up due to the shortage.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Previous owner of my house left a prowler 950.... thought it sucked but realized I just need to leave it in and randomly push the button....

HELL yeah its awesome!...

oh fuck they have a wifi one?!

spiderman aesthetics GIF by chavesfelipe

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info