🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That looks like cloudy water to me, you would have seen signs of algae growth prior to this. Only thing I can suggest is let your pump/filter run and hopefully it clears up. Usually shock will clear it up. Anyone else with an inground that has had this issue? @Flyn

fuck maybe it has cleared up a tiny bit? top pic saturday (shitty quality for some reason?) to right now on the bottom. but the stairs look more clear? i dunno.

1624882829695.png

1624882843704.png

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
In ground pool owner here, I would start with cleaning the pool filter if you can do so. Keep the cover off, lower the pool temp (if you have a heater ) and run the filter one hour per day light hours.

Check the pool chemistry through out the day, pool turn over / filtering is best. Clean the filter again and keep the water moving along.

keep testing chemistry before adding in more chemicals.

learned to keep the pool water moving especially in the summer months with sun and temp changes keep the pool clear.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In ground pool owner here, I would start with cleaning the pool filter if you can do so. Keep the cover off, lower the pool temp (if you have a heater ) and run the filter one hour per day light hours.

Check the pool chemistry through out the day, pool turn over / filtering is best. Clean the filter again and keep the water moving along.

keep testing chemistry before adding in more chemicals.

learned to keep the pool water moving especially in the summer months with sun and temp changes keep the pool clear.

i can and have backwashed the filter, i will again.

i turned my heater off.

will do. thanks

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
great site for all you pool needs and questions

here is a link on cloudy pool and when to add the Floc.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
shit i should do that vacuum "trick" since my pool doesn't have a bottom drain.

do you have one of those automatic pool vac's that works when the pool pump is on?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
do you have one of those automatic pool vac's that works when the pool pump is on?

i have a robotic vacuum, i call him DJ PoolRoomba... i read an article though that said if it is in fact algae to not run it because it just spreads more algae, but now we're thinking maybe it isnt algae so ill toss lil fucker back in.

it works regardless of the pool pump, it just sucks the shit up like a roomba would.

Reactions: frank

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
If you have a variable speed pump don't you have it on low 24/7? I have a above ground and keep mine on low every day and only kick it on high to use the vacuum. When water is cloudy it is usually chlorine (high or low) or algae. You should be dosing a algaecide once a week and using a chlorine stabilizer so you don't have to use as much chlorine. I've never done the liquid chlorine but usually the powder shocks have a stabilizer in them.

I just had to replace my pump yesterday, with all the rain we got my pump was underwater and it froze the shaft. The bolts mounting the pump to the filter cartridge were seized so I had to cut those off. Talk about a clusterfuck.... The good news is I hopefully found someone to fix my pool heater, the heater works but the control panel is wonky. Can't adjust the temp and it constantly turns itself on after you shut the heater off. Now I just need to find someone to swap in my new liner

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you have a variable speed pump don't you have it on low 24/7? I have a above ground and keep mine on low every day and only kick it on high to use the vacuum. When water is cloudy it is usually chlorine (high or low) or algae. You should be dosing a algaecide once a week and using a chlorine stabilizer so you don't have to use as much chlorine. I've never done the liquid chlorine but usually the powder shocks have a stabilizer in them.

I just had to replace my pump yesterday, with all the rain we got my pump was underwater and it froze the shaft. The bolts mounting the pump to the filter cartridge were seized so I had to cut those off. Talk about a clusterfuck.... The good news is I hopefully found someone to fix my pool heater, the heater works but the control panel is wonky. Can't adjust the temp and it constantly turns itself on after you shut the heater off. Now I just need to find someone to swap in my new liner

i do have it on low 24/7 now. legit i dont know how many times to say this but i have 10000% no fucking idea what im doing :rofl:

it's just nuts because i was legit just making sure the tablets were in the feeder, it was set to 3, and fucking swimming before and it was fine for like 5-6 weeks :rofl:

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
i do have it on low 24/7 now. legit i dont know how many times to say this but i have 10000% no fucking idea what im doing :rofl:

it's just nuts because i was legit just making sure the tablets were in the feeder, it was set to 3, and fucking swimming before and it was fine for like 5-6 weeks :rofl:
Like said. Mine went pure clouding after the rain.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
same with the cloudiness after rain, that's normal with large amounts of rain. Just keep up with chlorine on a normal schedule and shock after large rains.

I run a frogger system on my pool, it's the one with the mineral pac and the chlorine pack. I legit don't do anything chemical wise except shock after a pool party. You might want to look into that KJ, it's stupid simple. The mineral pac keeps your alk and algae in line and for the most part PH as well. The chlorine is nice because it keeps the floater out of the pool.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
same with the cloudiness after rain, that's normal with large amounts of rain. Just keep up with chlorine on a normal schedule and shock after large rains.

I run a frogger system on my pool, it's the one with the mineral pac and the chlorine pack. I legit don't do anything chemical wise except shock after a pool party. You might want to look into that KJ, it's stupid simple. The mineral pac keeps your alk and algae in line and for the most part PH as well. The chlorine is nice because it keeps the floater out of the pool.

God damnit. We originally built our pool package with this... No idea why it didn't come through

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
fuck maybe it has cleared up a tiny bit? top pic saturday (shitty quality for some reason?) to right now on the bottom. but the stairs look more clear? i dunno.

View attachment 93233

View attachment 93234

shit i think it's getting clearer?

legit haven't done dick. had to get excursion last night. probably be able to peek at it quickly tonight i think

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I pass by you every time I go to our Wonder Lake Nursery. I'm gunna stop by one day, get naked in the pool and make sure the camera picks it up.

Wait the wife and chillrun aren't home during the day are they? I ain't looking for a felony

"welp some dude named carter stopped by, the neighbor's called the cops on him cuz he stripped down and dove into the pool while yelling profanities- do you know him?" - my wife probably

Thread Info