🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
my daughter is a year next month and absolutely LOVES the pool.
giphy.gif

when's the RSVP getting sent out?

Owen fucking loves the water. We were up at the lake house yesterday and all he wanted to do was swim and blow bubbles in his floaties while attempting to drown himself and laughing about it the entire time. :bowrofl:

• Love
Reactions: Yaj Yak

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I worked on the mud hole for about four hours last night. While I never could have predicted what would happen, I'm beginning to regret my decision to attempt all this work. Being in a subdivision like this means that all the soil was been compacted HARD. Even after practically filling the hole full of water, the dirt doesn't want to break up. It's also not a well built neighborhood either. The buried garbage I'm finding is appalling and not pool-friendly. For some reason, there are fragments of clay tiles and PVC pipe everywhere. The stringy roots from the maple tree 20 ft away are certainly not helpful either! I'm going to look into borrowing a rototiller, but I'm wondering if a small one will even be able to break this mess up. As you can see, I only have about a third of this thing leveled which means I have barely scratched the surface... literally. I know I'm doing this the hard way, so I don't have much room to complain, but I think asking for outside help is inevitable now. Two shovels and a hand tiller aren't cutting it.
1623756242307.png
ti

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
When you do projects like that it happens...

Don't forget... To get my shit ready i pulled favors from everybody..

Had a 40 ft manlift dropped at the house. Had a 2 man crew hung over to drop my tree. About 7 people and 5 chain saws cutting the fucker up.

Then a skid steer with grapple bucket to move it all.

I never needed the water truck or the neighbors well so at least I didn't owe 2 more favors.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
What pool are you getting?
It's just a condom pool that we got off Nextdoor of all places. I don't plan on living in this house five years from now, nor am I 100% committed to caring for a pool long term, so I figured this was a good way to... get our feet wet :s00ls: in the pool hobby. At $350 still new in the original wrappers, I think it will be worth the labor.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Rototiller did work!

PXL_20210615_235505806.jpg

Then I threw a cheap retired tarp down as a vapor barrier and sand on top. Why? I don't know. It seemed to make sense at the time.
PXL_20210616_003311541.MP.jpg

The sand is damp, compacted, and level. It's too dark for decent pictures but the pool is up too! I'll get the ladder up and start working out the wrinkles tomorrow after work. Then I guess it's just filter and filling time!
PXL_20210616_024812103.jpg

Thread Info