🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Did a menards build a deck project.

It's waaaayy fucking over kill for beams and support but I printed the design and am sticking to it. So far the only thing I changed was the 12x48 columns. I cut them bitches in half and only dug 24-30 inches so we'll use half the concrete. Not worried one bit about strength or frost line.

20210612_092720.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
8x8 deck costs $2k nowadays. But this is absolutely necessary. That chinsy ladder is a accident waiting to happen.

Yes I hand dug all those posts. Ain't nobody got time to rent a tool plus that dollars vs muscle. I got plenty of muscle to use and a ton of fat to burn.

im surprised you don't "got a guy" with a post hole digger that you could steal for the day

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
8x8 deck costs $2k nowadays. But this is absolutely necessary. That chinsy ladder is a accident waiting to happen.

Yes I hand dug all those posts. Ain't nobody got time to rent a tool plus that dollars vs muscle. I got plenty of muscle to use and a ton of fat to burn.
I'm nervous about that ladder too. I'm really hoping to have water in our pool by the weekend when some friends come over to visit. It might be cold, but my buddy is quite large. I don't see that included ladder holding a lick over 250lbs.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

God damn, that price is a hard pill to swallow, but I 100% get it. If and when lumber prices come down, do you plan to expand the size of the deck?

Reactions: DEEZUZ

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
God damn, that price is a hard pill to swallow, but I 100% get it. If and when lumber prices come down, do you plan to expand the size of the deck?

We have 4 phases of the deck to build. Maybe later I will have a final design plan but roughly here is how it goes.

Phase 1 is what you see. It provides a basic entrance and exit to pool plus a little bit of space for people to sun and dip their feet and talk while others are in the pool. That setup is the south west corner of pool.

Phase 2 is a ground level deck on the north side of pool between fence and pool. It'll run full pool length and Will have built in bar and stools for people to hang out.

Phase 3 is a deck over the west end that covers the filter. This will feature a wrap around style stair that faces the house so we can walk out from back yard directly onto ground level deck then onto aerial deck and into pool.

Phase 4 is to complete the south side wrap around aerial deck.

Thread Info