🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Stomp around it with your heels. You can move the sand around a little that way after the pool is filled.
It's the outer edge. Size of a basketball divot...

I'm going to cut a 16 inch pipe in half, line the edges and put it again the wall and evac the water and then go under and push sand in and up..

If they won't fix it

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i legit dont know what the fuck im doing though. :rofl:
In ground vs above ground I would imagine chemical testing/balancing similar, especially the testing part.
With a good test kit, its super easy once you get the hang of it. You just need to do some research on in ground pool chemical levels, meaning where they should be and how to add the chemicals.

https://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

Reactions: frank

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In ground vs above ground I would imagine chemical testing/balancing similar, especially the testing part.
With a good test kit, its super easy once you get the hang of it. You just need to do some research on in ground pool chemical levels, meaning where they should be and how to add the chemicals.

https://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

i bought this per your recommendation and tried to figure it out and just fucking couldn't. the instructions i was reading called for shit that wasn't in the fucking kit and i got annoyed as fuck and bought some shitty test strips from the walmart half a mile away because i wanted to get in the bitch and not have my skin fall off and i decided i could

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
i legit dont know what the fuck im doing though. :rofl:

Use the test strips. It’s all my dad used on his pool in Illinois and his liner lasted 14 years before it needed replacement.

Keep the PH and ALK in line and you’ll be fine. Keep a few 3” tabs in a floater.

Open early (I open end of April)
Close late ( I’m usually 1st-2nd week of October)
By doing this you prevent algae growth from the water getting warm before you can add chlorine. Heat burns off free chlorine.

During the season test regularly with strips. Set a scheduled day and time.
Shock after use. (I shock once a week whether we swam or not)
Check after rain fall as rain water will usually decrease PH.

It sounds involved but once you have a routine, it’s super easy.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i bought this per your recommendation and tried to figure it out and just fucking couldn't. the instructions i was reading called for shit that wasn't in the fucking kit and i got annoyed as fuck and bought some shitty test strips from the walmart half a mile away because i wanted to get in the bitch and not have my skin fall off and i decided i could
It didnt come with a laminated instruction card and the contents it shows listed and pictured werent all there?
I can take a pic of the instruction card when I get home.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Use the test strips. It’s all my dad used on his pool in Illinois and his liner lasted 14 years before it needed replacement.

Keep the PH and ALK in line and you’ll be fine. Keep a few 3” tabs in a floater.

Open early (I open end of April)
Close late ( I’m usually 1st-2nd week of October)
By doing this you prevent algae growth from the water getting warm before you can add chlorine. Heat burns off free chlorine.

so far from the strips i am in the "good" ranges on everything.

i opened early as i could- we closed april 30th and my buddy helped me open it like may 12th i think.

scheduled day and time is more consistent?

i have the chlorinator thing inline with the heater/pump and i have been just checking to make sure it's okay. i have the dial set at 2 right now.

i need to shock once a week? what happens if i don't?

it has an automatic cover so rain fall probably won't get in too much.

it has a variable speed pump and is on a time clock to run 8am-8pm but i need to research the pump more for what speed it should run.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Agree with everything said except the strips. I've used them in the past and once I switched over to a real test kit I'll never go back and will never recommend them. They dont read well enough and are inaccurate imo. Knowing your actual levels and understanding them prevents the "pool store water test". They will start selling you a bunch of shit you dont need and they use the same kit I use.
We also shock once a week and shock after a lot of rain. But always balance your PH first and foremost before shocking.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Agree with everything said except the strips. I've used them in the past and once I switched over to a real test kit I'll never go back and will never recommend them. They dont read well enough and are inaccurate imo. Knowing your actual levels and understanding them prevents the "pool store water test". They will start selling you a bunch of shit you dont need and they use the same kit I use.
We also shock once a week and shock after a lot of rain. But always balance your PH first and foremost before shocking.

ill send you pics of what im working with here

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Shocking doesn't harm any of the other levels. The only thing shocking may change is your free chlorine levels which is usually a good thing as it is freeing it up.

I need to have my liner replaced and my heater fixed. The liner has a bunch of holes in it that I just patched for the moment, pool is holding water now. The heater works but the control panel doesn't work correctly. It turns itself on randomly, switches to different modes randomly and won't display the heat setting.

Anyone know a good place to have either of these things fixed? American Sale is who I bought the pool from and their subcontractors are booked through the year for the liner and they don't service the heaters.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and cdh027

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
So my fiance and I were making a long trip and got to talking about how excited we were for the 4th of July. The reason for that is simply because we'll get to float in my mom and dad's pool. Then we started talking about the rest of the summer and how we might consider a pass to the public pool...

I said screw that. Let's just get our own pool. If we're willing to PAY to go to a public pool with a bunch of rug rats and no beer then a cheap pool would be worth the investment. Her eyes lit up and she started scouring the internet. To make a long story short, there are no pools to be bought unless you want to be price gouged by some asshole on marketplace. Believe it or not, Allie made a post on Nextdoor asking if anybody had a pool for sale, and got lucky there. A couple bought a 14' x 42" last year, but never set it up. We got it for $350 still in the plastic wrap which is a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere else right now.

So here's where I started.
1623673090868.png

And here's where the night ended. It seems that the area that the pool is taking up is about equal to the deck I tore out, so I at least had a perfect place for all the grass. :ROFLMAO:
1623673179674.png

Grading is going to be an adventure. I've never had to do this before. Oddly, the pool instructions say that the warranty is void if it sits on sand.

Thread Info