APR stops selling stage 2 tunes and downpipes | EPA crackdown coming?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Saw this break yesterday....seems its really happening. Could an EPA crackdown be coming soon for other tuners? This could be huge, and not in a good way. Or is APR's parent company cracking down.

1596646274181.png

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I've said this a dozen times.

But somewhere in Ohio they retrofitted DPF's onto the school bus fleet. Talking like dirty nasty VT365's, DT466's, and some 444's...

Within 1 year the kids attendence was almost PERFECT due to kids not calling in sick. They had record breaking attendence......

The stuff is nasty, and even though the little bit the kids take in daily isn't a whole lot, its lethal...

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Buy parts and tunes from over seas. No big deal. USPS brings in more drugs than anyone. You think they won't bring in catless downpipes? lol

My tuner is over seas. I use my phone to flash the tunes. No flashing device to purchase or have them outlaw. So that's already worked around. My car passes IL tests too.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I've said this a dozen times.

But somewhere in Ohio they retrofitted DPF's onto the school bus fleet. Talking like dirty nasty VT365's, DT466's, and some 444's...

Within 1 year the kids attendence was almost PERFECT due to kids not calling in sick. They had record breaking attendence......

The stuff is nasty, and even though the little bit the kids take in daily isn't a whole lot, its lethal...
I thought the DPF addressed soot/carbon emissions and DEF+EGR addressed NOx? Regardless that's pretty cool. The buses we had growing up were pretty nasty with all the shit they'd blow out the tailpipe. Nothing like getting coal rolled on you by the bus that just dropped you off.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Kind of off topic, does anyone know if APR warranties their tunes? I had read about an APR tune for the '19 Tiguan that intrigued me. Someone had said that APR will cover any factory warranty voided by a tune. But I couldn't find anywhere on their website that said they would. I'm not talking some crazy set-up, but just an aftermarket tune on the Tiguan to get a few more lbs of boost.

EDIT: I did find something, but I don't see the Tiguan as an option...bummer.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Kind of off topic, does anyone know if APR warranties their tunes? I had read about an APR tune for the '19 Tiguan that intrigued me. Someone had said that APR will cover any factory warranty voided by a tune. But I couldn't find anywhere on their website that said they would. I'm not talking some crazy set-up, but just an aftermarket tune on the Tiguan to get a few more lbs of boost.

EDIT: I did find something, but I don't see the Tiguan as an option...bummer.

Like you found, APR plus comes with a supplemental third party warranty that covers anything that the tune will void on your factory one. I’d look into if they have a JB4 available for the Tiguan yet. I’m trying to steer my wife in that direction as well.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
They do have a JB4, but I don't know that there is any warranty protection on it. I sent a message to APR asking about Plus options for the Tiguan. It wasn't terribly clear on their website since the model does not show up under their drop down. They might offer tuning, but no warranty...especially for those models that came with 6 year/72k miles. I think I saw a post (from a third party) about that being too much a financial risk for them.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
But I've heard that while they can't detect the device itself, they can determine by certain readings from the car that something had altered the normal range of outputs. I'm sure I'm wording that horribly. Basically, they can see that outputs fell outside the normal range that could have only resulted from ECU tampering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info