Apple iOS 14 - just a warning

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
but then how else would they be able to phase them out with bad software updates??????
Easy, they wouldn’t have to. The app developers would do that by not writing code and support for the older iOS.

I’d have stayed on 12 but the security app for work stopped being supported for 12. Had to go to 13.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nevermind. Opened Plex, saw the home page, phone died.

Now we know...
giphy.gif

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Or that they put in "new and improved" chips that independent repair shops can't get ahold of because Apple told the vendor to not sell these to anyone but Apple and now you just throw away what used to be an easily fixable board.

bUt ThE eNvIrOnMeNt

I see you watch Louis Rossmann.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have the 11 ProMax and also use it heavily at work and at home. I've been at work now going on two hours and dropped only about 10% battery and that's with listening to Spotify through bluetooth on the way here. I'm on iOS 14.2 and will keep an eye on it.
I put 14.2 beta on it last night. No improvement. Sitting idle on a desk for an hour it dropped 7%. Shows 1 minute of usage for Home & Lock screen. That was when I picked it up, tapped the sleep button to see what time it was, then put it back to sleep.

Pitiful.

Reactions: ChrisRac

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Been on 14 since release. Haven't noticed a drop in battery life. Then again, I didn't have that issue with any of the previous phones with the exception of my 6S which had the faulty battery that was replaced under recall.

Generally the phone can go all night playing music, and goes probably two days without a charge if I want to stretch.

But honestly, I never do stretch it out. I charge it in the car on the way to/from work. So its on the USB charger for about 40 minutes a day. The car's USB port is SLOW at charging the phone. I usually supplement by plugging in at work if I need it.

Battery health is at 85%, phone is 3 years old. Plan to keep it until its unusable. I like the cheaper phone plan cause there is no device payment on it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Perfectly fine for me. Been on 14.2 now or whatever the latest one is without issues. What issue are you having?
Battery drain, severe battery drain. Like, just waking up the phone will drop the battery 1%.

It’s seen all releases and public betas. Just gets worse.

Have submitted 50+ screen captures to Apple showing how bad it is. Just running their diagnostics dropped it 17%.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My wife's old phone had severe battery issues. We eventually just upgraded her phone and gave the old one to my daughter. I bought a new battery for it and installed it and it's been really damn good.

There was a class action against Apple for purposely limiting/hindering the phone/battery and the deadline was just last month. I know for a while they allowed customers who were experiencing the problems to take it to an Apple store and get a free battery replacement.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Jesus you’re still fucking around with this thing? Clearly having a reliable phone is important to you and it’s obviously bothering you enough to do all sorts of analysis on the problem. Just bite the bullet and buy a new phone. The one you have is a 6 year old model. It might as well be an abacus. Your life will be so much better. Just get an iPhone 12 mini if you’re concerned with the price

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Jesus you’re still fucking around with this thing? Clearly having a reliable phone is important to you and it’s obviously bothering you enough to do all sorts of analysis on the problem. Just bite the bullet and buy a new phone. The one you have is a 6 year old model. It might as well be an abacus. Your life will be so much better. Just get an iPhone 12 mini if you’re concerned with the price
Just so you know, not that it’ll likely make a difference to you, is that if Apple would just admit there is a problem and work with its customers to get them into a new(er) device I would buy a new one. Now it’s become a matter of principle.

In the meantime I used the funds to upgrade my moms flip phone to a smart phone, so she could be better connected to her family.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info