đź“Š Poll Appetizer Vote

Nom Nom!

• Standard, everyday weenies in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and Heinz Chili Sauce

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Bacon wrapped Smokies glazed with brown sugar

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was going to make little meatballs in grape jelly and chili sauce but someone else is bringing them to a party I'm going to tonight.

Was going to make little cocktail weenies, too, and make little meatball and cocktail animals and put them in a crockpot corral. Plan is ruined now. Damn!

So, it's cocktail weenies in grape jelly/chili sauce OR cocktail weenies bacon wrapped and glazed with brown sugar!

Number A or Number B? Which would you glomp down?

A.
iu

B.
KQr3ZX-PLDxImvce90hozncELmeVzxFp62uJWy92l0f402_YLT7W1D3VnCN9XDIIdq-7YvIQl7jmCm-0n40J8lQ=s640-c-rw-v1-e365

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Coming along nicely. The brown sugar gives a good flavor component combined with the bacon and little smokies. Have to stop eating them. There's 100 of them in there even though it doesn't look like it. I put them under the broiler for a couple minutes to speed up the cook process. Gotta leave in an hour.

FZSHh76.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
These turned out to be a big hit. All gone in a couple hours. After some drinks, people were asking me if they could taste my little weiner. ?

If you're looking for an easy appetizer that is a step above grape jelly weiners, this one is a good one. Only tedious part is cutting up the bacon and wrapping them. Other than that, I suggest starting them on tinfoil covered baking trays in a 325* oven with brown sugar sprinkled on them until they are close to done, half an hour or so. Then put them in the crock pot on high for an hour or two. Leave on warm until you are ready to serve. The toothpicks make them easy to grab. I used a slotted spoon, too, so people could scoop out a bunch of them onto a plate.

Thread Info