YouTube Apparently Tesla bumpers fall off when it rains?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I mean that touchscreen thing is about the ancient MCU1 cars. I don’t see why you wouldn’t recommend a new one based on a reliability issue with hardware that hasn’t been included for years. Not to mention, tesla actually offers an upgrade to the newest infotainment system. Granted it’s $2k, but name another company that offers upgrades of its infotainment system to the latest version at any price?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

“The doors fit properly, the plastics and other materials color-match, the bumpers don’t fall off, the roof doesn’t come off when you wash it, the door handles don’t get stuck in cold weather. …”

Best part about this is uh... Didn't Ford trucks get recalled for their door locks freezing when it was cold? :bowrofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Not a good look for them. Like the article I am not familiar with China laws, I know they can be super strict in some areas, as to be expected with their type of government.

Here in the U.S. you don’t sign the final paperwork until you pick up the car. You can give it a look over and once you sign you then accept delivery via the app and text to them.

All things considered they normally are very good about fixing items, but like many car makers it varies from service location to service location. You could get an asshole, or a nice person.

For me my Y had a few issues I wanted corrected. Some were done on the spot, others they came to my house to fix with no inconvenience to me.

At the end of the day though, it seems they go through this every quarter as they grow. Push to deliver cars so things get shotty. I got my car early quarter and it was a great experience. But I think this needs to be corrected for sure if they want to stay the leader in the market as others try to enter it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info